Could this, would this happen? | Page 3 | Vital Football

Could this, would this happen?

The answer to the title of the thread is no.
Man C, Man U, Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea, Spurs are the poster boys for the Premier league when selling the TV right around the world. If they damage the product then there will be less interest and less income.
All the clubs in the Prem have benefitted from the marketing including us. The club finishing bottom gets £100 million.
The problem is with all the money thats around has increased Transfer fees and wages to an unsustainable level.
Clubs that get promoted and dont spend are relegated and criticised for not spending. The ones that do spend and still get relegated are then criticised for wasting the money and risking FFP.
Football is big business and marketed as such and I cant see how it can be resolved.

The answer to the title of the thread is no.
Man C, Man U, Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea, Spurs are the poster boys for the Premier league when selling the TV right around the world. If they damage the product then there will be less interest and less income.
All the clubs in the Prem have benefitted from the marketing including us. The club finishing bottom gets £100 million.
The problem is with all the money thats around has increased Transfer fees and wages to an unsustainable level.
Clubs that get promoted and dont spend are relegated and criticised for not spending. The ones that do spend and still get relegated are then criticised for wasting the money and risking FFP.
Football is big business and marketed as such and I cant see how it can be resolved.
You make a powerful argument, astonion2, but to leave the status quo where we are, will mean that the rich get richer and the Devil takes the hindmost. Fine for the "Big Six" but English Football may become a super rich, for some, version of Scottish Football.

Everton are arguing that there was no sporting advantage from their overspending. They believe that they were found in breach of FFP losses because of a misunderstanding of expenses which could be written off.

I'm not an accountant (don't get me started) so I don't know if their arguement has merit but it should be easily resolved.

If all they get is a 10 point deduction this season, they will have got off very lightly.
Or harshless depending on the charges levelled against City and Chelsea.

I think Chelsea will get very lucky because Roman is gone, sins of the father and all that. Even though I don't agree because current and future success has its roots in those days of financial doping.

City's crimes are x100 that of Everton. The real criminality is the obstruction of justice, the investigation and refusing to cooperate which I believe is an actual rule. Truthfully they need a long-lasting punishment that resets their gains and renders them temporary. Strip them of the titles, relegated them to League 2 and give them an automatic 30 points deduction for 3 and taper it to 18 and 12 for seasons 4 and 5. Thats what I would do if it were me, we'll see how committed the Sheik is to the club and his sports washing then.

I think Chelsea will get very lucky because Roman is gone, sins of the father and all that. Even though I don't agree because current and future success has its roots in those days of financial doping.

City's crimes are x100 that of Everton. The real criminality is the obstruction of justice, the investigation and refusing to cooperate which I believe is an actual rule. Truthfully they need a long-lasting punishment that resets their gains and renders them temporary. Strip them of the titles, relegated them to League 2 and give them an automatic 30 points deduction for 3 and taper it to 18 and 12 for seasons 4 and 5. Thats what I would do if it were me, we'll see how committed the Sheik is to the club and his sports washing then.
CDX_EIRE, are you Judge Jeffreys in disguise. Plus we should demolish Maine Road, l know.

City and Chelsea could end up being Everton's saviour. It may be that the Premier League will lose their appetite for pursuing Everton if it becomes clear that they have to go after City and Chelsea, and take on their huge army of lawyers. I somehow think that an EU style fudge will be the outcome that gets all parties off the hook.

City and Chelsea could end up being Everton's saviour. It may be that the Premier League will lose their appetite for pursuing Everton if it becomes clear that they have to go after City and Chelsea, and take on their huge army of lawyers. I somehow think that an EU style fudge will be the outcome that gets all parties off the hook.
Machiavvellian..

CDX_EIRE, are you Judge Jeffreys in disguise. Plus we should demolish Maine Road, l know.
Absolutely! I go harsh with these things! I am in favour of 10 game bans behind closed doors + >5M fines for racist abuse.

Arteta would be having a 5 game touchline ban for his comments about the refs too. For me it doesn't matter if he is right or wrong, that's going to influence refs and put pressure on them when Arsenal play. That will increase the likelihood of mistakes because of the pressure.

A 30 pts deduction for one season will do nothing to City. For me stripping them of their titles is not enough, I'd even be going into their trophy cabinets and making them remove all the trophies. If they fought me on it I'd make them display the trophies by wrap them in fake money :ROFLMAO:

This is serious business and if they want to turn this into a circus I'll turn them into a clown show. This stuff isn't trivial, you and I know what this stuff means to a lot of people.

I would never have celebrated Aguero scoring that goal to rob the Mancs if I knew this is where we'd be today.

Well Pep said he would quit City if they were found to be cheating, that itself would be massive punishment. Chelsea are just a joke now and all I can say is that they both need the book thrown at them, punishing Everton just shows there is no bias but it is proportional so we can expect the worst, otherwise everyone might just as well ignore it from now on. I also think a lot of clubs knew was coming including us, since spending big, we have completely toned it down and just look at Newcastle, with all that dirty filthy money they have been very Conservative with their spending. I am convinced the buck stops here it's just a fact that all good things come to an end. Saying that, major punishment would give both City and Chelsea the excuse to leave the Premier league anyway and join the ESL?

I'd imagine he would dump them, just as Pep and all of the players would too.

What would be really interesting is if the Dubai Investment Corporation then made a bid for another PL club. Technically, they aren't they Sheik, but we all know they really are.