Could this, would this happen? | Page 2 | Vital Football

Could this, would this happen?

It might just be that the government’s proposed independent football regulator has concentrated PL minds a bit.

In the King’s Speech;

“legislation will be brought forward to safeguard the future of football clubs for the benefit of communities and fans”

It needs something and Tracey Crouch’s report was a significant move in the right direction. The Man City drawn-out saga surely has to come to some sort of conclusion in the light of the Everton verdict.

But even relegation and then an inevitable immediate bounce back is not punishment at all for a decade of cheating and using that to go from tin pot to champions league winners

I feel sorry for Everton fans, caught up in the proxy fight of the PL wanting to be harsh on FFP but too scared to touch the big boys so they’ve lashed out at an apparent easy target.

But even relegation and then an inevitable immediate bounce back is not punishment at all for a decade of cheating and using that to go from tin pot to champions league winners
I think they should take a small amount of points from them retroactively for each of the past 12 seasons so that all of their titles are stripped from them, this should be followed by relegation from the top flight.

Just watched an expert on Talksport giving his opinion. He reckons the PL knew Everton were overspending, had warned them about it a few times and they ignored the warnings. Everton felt they had a get out clause because of COVID. It turns out they didn't.

Three clubs are lining up to sue Everton for around £100m each. That will probably put them in administration.

This is going to rumble on for a while for Everton and it's all bad.

As for Citeh, he reckons they are keen to get Citeh done next. He thinks relegation or a massive points deduction (around 60 points which would see them relegated) are likely.

The court cases for Citeh's cheating will go on for years with clubs all over Europe lining up to get a claim in.

Everton are arguing that there was no sporting advantage from their overspending. They believe that they were found in breach of FFP losses because of a misunderstanding of expenses which could be written off.

I'm not an accountant (don't get me started) so I don't know if their arguement has merit but it should be easily resolved.

If all they get is a 10 point deduction this season, they will have got off very lightly.

Everton are arguing that there was no sporting advantage from their overspending. They believe that they were found in breach of FFP losses because of a misunderstanding of expenses which could be written off.

I'm not an accountant (don't get me started) so I don't know if their arguement has merit but it should be easily resolved.

If all they get is a 10 point deduction this season, they will have got off very lightly.
i guess their bigger concern now is the lawsuits from Leicester / Burnley etc and how they set about defending and winning those cases

So massively knowingly overspent beyond the ffp limits but bought some right shite and employed clown managers - as a defence it's a bit lacking.

still all worth it for the thrill ride they've been on.

think the supposed lawsuits from other clubs will fizzle out as being a load of old shite - are derby still suing us for 'cheating' in the championship ?

Leicester / Burnley / Leeds have 30 days to decide if they will press ahead with the lawsuits, i'd guess they'd all sue or none of them will.

I think they should take a small amount of points from them retroactively for each of the past 12 seasons so that all of their titles are stripped from them, this should be followed by relegation from the top flight.
And the team bus should be a tumbril.

League Cup Final, Man City 2 AstonVilla 1?

In an alternate and more just world the officials correctly give us a goal kick instead of them getting a corner thus leading to their first goal not being scored. Then Ederson can't get a strong enough hand to Engels header and we sneak a win.

A beautiful timeline where Samatta and Engels end up alongside other glorious cup final heroes like McParland, Graydon, Little, Atkinson, Saunders, Taylor, Savo etc.

In an alternate and more just world the officials correctly give us a goal kick instead of them getting a corner thus leading to their first goal not being scored. Then Ederson can't get a strong enough hand to Engels header and we sneak a win.

A beautiful timeline where Samatta and Engels end up alongside other glorious cup final heroes like McParland, Graydon, Little, Atkinson, Saunders, Taylor, Savo etc.
JW, PETER WITHE?