Cotterill !!! | Vital Football

Cotterill !!!

redderthanred

Vital Reserves Team
Really don't like saying this but I can't help feeling we
will put the final nail into Steve Cotterill's coffin.

Nice men in football don't last too long and SC never
seems to get the rub of the green anywhere.

No matter wherever he ends up I wish him well but
I'm afraid it will be us who sees him out of a job this
weekend.

Cotterill seems to be a go to man who’s clubs appoint when they are in the proverbial..... however if like Cotterill you keep joining sinking ships sooner or later your going to drown.

That said let’s wait till after Saturday to see how things transpire; we’ve steadied the ship but 2 draws and one win does not mean we will role them over as they’re fighting for their existence in the Championship. This is the time of the year when the bottom teams can and do cause some shocks.......

Hope it is a win though........

fook him. Some of the worst football I've ever seen at the CG was under this clown and I used to listen to his post-match interviews in utter disbelief. "If we didn't concede those two goals we'd have won one-nil".

I hope for whatever reason Birmingham stick with him and he takes them down

Jonah1960 - 26/2/2018 13:46

Cotterill seems to be a go to man who’s clubs appoint when they are in the proverbial..... however if like Cotterill you keep joining sinking ships sooner or later your going to drown.

That said let’s wait till after Saturday to see how things transpire; we’ve steadied the ship but 2 draws and one win does not mean we will role them over as they’re fighting for their existence in the Championship. This is the time of the year when the bottom teams can and do cause some shocks.......

Hope it is a win though........
Nice words Jonah... lets not count chicken before they hatch.... I dont think we won many games (this season) against teams that stood below us in the table (at the time-we over took QPR after the win).... drew v Burton, lost v Hull, drew v Reading, lost v Sunderland, lost v Sheff Wed ...only win against Bolton back in December ...and most of these teams were on a bad run also...
so feet to the ground...and importantly ...not lose...

Never forget when chippers asked a Rare direct question one post match..... how we "get out of this goal drought Steve "

" i really dont' know" was the response. !!!

I suppose it's kinda nice for people to be saying nice things about him, but in truth (as far as championship management is concerned) the man is a blithering idiot.

It was the worst football I have ever witnessed at the City Ground, & that's incredible considering I sat through the Kinnear/Megson years & league one.

Quite like Steve Cotterill & yet again, he'll carry the can for the mistakes of others - 'Arry Rednapp!

They are better away from home & we are very prone to shooting ourselves in the foot.

I simply can't stand the guy. I also don't think he's that nice. It take 3 points over Steve staying in his job any day of the week, and I won't lose a wink of sleep over it either.

I've never developed a real dislike for any of our previous managers. For whatever reason I made an exception for Cotternill.

David Pl**t, Garry Megson & Joe Kinnear all ahead of Cotterill in the NFFC dislike stakes.

Schteve is is on a par too.

I've actually met Cotterill & he is a really likeable chap just very unfortunate to manage Forest during one of the worst periods in the clubs history.

Our Kids Dad - 26/2/2018 14:52

David Pl**t, Garry Megson & Joe Kinnear all ahead of Cotterill in the NFFC dislike stakes.

I've actually met Cotterill & he is a really likeable chap just very unfortunate to manage Forest during one of the worst periods in the clubs history.

I actually don't know how anyone can dislike Steve mcclaren. Sounds stupid because he did a shit job with us and went on to manage derby and turn us over 5-0.... but listen to any interview where he's asked about Forest and he's nothing short of superb!

Could have gloated when they did us at pride park but referenced our injury list, which was very sporting. He was also asked in his derby press conference about his time and just took responsibility and said it was an honour to manage us. Can't really knock the chap!

He won't be the manager on Saturday, they are lining up the new man as we speak, lets hope they don't get in place before Saturday, as you know what happens when a manager first takes charge.

Will.NFFC - 26/2/2018 14:59

I actually don't know how anyone can dislike Steve mcclaren. Sounds stupid because he did a shit job with us and went on to manage derby and turn us over 5-0.... but listen to any interview where he's asked about Forest and he's nothing short of superb!

Could have gloated when they did us at pride park but referenced our injury list, which was very sporting. He was also asked in his derby press conference about his time and just took responsibility and said it was an honour to manage us. Can't really knock the chap!

I'm basing it more on how bad he was as a manager with us and some of the signings he lumbered us with.

Tactically - he's up there with some of the most clueless managers we've had!

He’s just not cut out the championship IMO he’d be better accepting his limitations & getting a steady job in league 2.

Our Kids Dad - 26/2/2018 16:30

Will.NFFC - 26/2/2018 14:59

I'm basing it more on how bad he was as a manager with us and some of the signings he lumbered us with.

Tactically - he's up there with some of the most clueless managers we've had!
Can you name these signings...he only signed a couple on loan as there was no money...nd these loanees made all the difference in our survival that year...
I am sorry but people in here r not being fair on managers tgat had work under severe restrictions nd are judging them if they had an open wallet were they could bring players as the wished...both Cotts and Freeman are the two managers that were hit worst when it comes to funds....so lets give them some credit to what the managed to do with their limited resources...

Woanz - 26/2/2018 18:16

He’s just not cut out the championship IMO he’d be better accepting his limitations & getting a steady job in league 2.

He's pretty good in league one as well. Just out of his depth at the higher level. I've always assumed it's because he can motivate mediocre players but is clueless tactically.

factchecker - 26/2/2018 19:16

Woanz - 26/2/2018 18:16

He's pretty good in league one as well. Just out of his depth at the higher level. I've always assumed it's because he can motivate mediocre players but is clueless tactically.

Have to agree with that, I’d also say his naive motivation probably doesn’t work on the better playerz either as they see it for what it is. Also his kick & rush probably doesn’t suit them.