Coronavirus | Page 697 | Vital Football

Coronavirus

One of my ex's cousins who i still speak to. Complete conspiracy nut. Believes in this plane fume thingy me Bob and everything.
However, he works in care homes.... He has seen the nasty side of this virus and doesn't deny it for a second.

He does however have conspiracies about how and why it got here but that's for another thread.

Maybe these protestors should have done some voluntary care work when it was raging instead of spreading their BS.

That would involve thinking about someone other than themselves Col. That's your problem right there.

Can't remember if I said or not, but our neighbours both work in the local elderly home, and talking to the one a few months back (first convo we'd had in ages, and she'd caught it early on) she just passed comment that work was now weird because they'd lost 50% or over of the residents.

Really knocked me back as it more humanised it compared to our chats on here and the news, her eyes said everything in a way.

A really simple but effective article on why vaccinated people can still die from COVID - but why it isn't a cause for concern.

https://www.theguardian.com/theobse...e-who-now-die-with-covid-have-been-vaccinated

I particularly like this paragraph:

"Consider the hypothetical world where absolutely everyone had received a less than perfect vaccine. Although the death rate would be low, everyone who died would have been fully vaccinated."

One of my ex's cousins who i still speak to. Complete conspiracy nut. Believes in this plane fume thingy me Bob and everything.
However, he works in care homes.... He has seen the nasty side of this virus and doesn't deny it for a second.

He does however have conspiracies about how and why it got here but that's for another thread.

Maybe these protestors should have done some voluntary care work when it was raging instead of spreading their BS.

This is why these conspiracy theories have taken off with Covid. If the virus had revolting visible symptoms such as the black death or small pox there would be nobody refusing vaccines. People are able to cope with the uncertainty and fear by dismissing the virus as a "hoax" because they haven't seen it for themselves.

Andrew Marr had had two jabs, but missed last week due to getting covid, said it was very unpleasant but as was pointed out, although he was ill, he wasn't hospitalised etc. That is the key for sure, isn't it.
That is largely no difference to pre vaccine last year. The vast majority don't go to hospital

Had quite serious heart issues a few years back didn't he?

The ICU numbers are so low given the overall spike again should more than prove to the idiots that the vaccine works.

I didn't realise that , do you mean because of his age ?

Had a very bad stroke. Has been a real champion in my book (ha, actually, I do mention him in my book, but I wasn't meaning that :lol:) in his fightback.

Andrew, 57, suffered a stroke in January 2013, and was in hospital for two months. He returned to presenting The Andrew Marr Show in September of that year. He admitted that he tries to conceal the effect of his stroke from his viewers when he records the political programme

https://www.express.co.uk/life-style/health/1424503/Andrew-marr-health-latest-stroke-symptoms

There was a very good documentary, covered a fair bit re recovery, that I went through with the brain damage.

https://www.ndcn.ox.ac.uk/news/stroke-research-featured-in-andrew-marrs-bbc-documentary

Is anything really going to change that much on July 19?

No masks? Some will still decide to wear them in certain situations. I can guarantee we will be asked to wear them on public transport and within shops. There are a decent amount of people not even doing this now.

Crowds at large scale events: Why not? We have had 8 positive cases following all of the testing pilot events so far. I still believe football clubs along with other large scale events will ask for evidence of vaccination from the NHS Pass on the NHS app or a negative lateral flow test.

Social distancing: Is this really still happening? I'm not so sure. To an extent in shops where markers are on the floor but there are a huge amount of people mixing.

Pubs: Pubs are packed to the brim now already. Debatable regarding the going up to the bar thing.

Nightclubs: This to me is the only area where things will majorly change, as we know nightclubs haven't been open at all.

Travel: This one will be difficult as no matter what we do in this country regarding loosening restrictions, we don't control what other countries do.

So whilst July 19th will bring the easing of some more restrictions, it is hardly a massive re-opening is it? I've seen some experts thinking July 19th will cause a ridiculous surge in cases, hospitalisations and deaths but I don't see how, especially in the latter as everyone is mixing already.

No, it's why I didn't quite get the outcry over the 4 week extension as most things are open anyway, but that extra little bit gave us more knowledge.

Is anything really going to change that much on July 19?

No masks? Some will still decide to wear them in certain situations. I can guarantee we will be asked to wear them on public transport and within shops. There are a decent amount of people not even doing this now.

Crowds at large scale events: Why not? We have had 8 positive cases following all of the testing pilot events so far. I still believe football clubs along with other large scale events will ask for evidence of vaccination from the NHS Pass on the NHS app or a negative lateral flow test.

Social distancing: Is this really still happening? I'm not so sure. To an extent in shops where markers are on the floor but there are a huge amount of people mixing.

Pubs: Pubs are packed to the brim now already. Debatable regarding the going up to the bar thing.

Nightclubs: This to me is the only area where things will majorly change, as we know nightclubs haven't been open at all.

Travel: This one will be difficult as no matter what we do in this country regarding loosening restrictions, we don't control what other countries do.

So whilst July 19th will bring the easing of some more restrictions, it is hardly a massive re-opening is it? I've seen some experts thinking July 19th will cause a ridiculous surge in cases, hospitalisations and deaths but I don't see how, especially in the latter as everyone is mixing already.

Nope. Agreed. Looks all but over already to me.