Coronavirus | Page 157 | Vital Football

Coronavirus

Indeed, point I was getting at although wasn’t clear, was how under prepared we are over here with PPE coming into March, although it wasn’t as though China had reduced exports to nil - which was honestly what I was expecting.

I didn’t pick up on the news the French, Germans and Czechs halted exports of PPE within the EU - so much for the four freedoms
Boat from china takes about 5 weeks to reach UK so there's the lag to factor on. Obviously anything they can get now urgently will be air freighted and pay that premium

Meanwhile in South Korea , 116 patients who had recovered have tested positive again. Very strange and worrying.

Joe Rogan has a podcast with a virologist called Dr Peter Hotez. Joe asked him about people retesting positive and he seemed unconcerned about it. He said it could be fragments of the virus triggering the positive test.

He also seemed sure that people who had had it would be immune from getting it again.

There has been some testing of using plasma from recovered patients to treat new patients which has shown positive results. That indicates that those who have recovered are immune.

Joe Rogan has a podcast with a virologist called Dr Peter Hotez. Joe asked him about people retesting positive and he seemed unconcerned about it. He said it could be fragments of the virus triggering the positive test.

He also seemed sure that people who had had it would be immune from getting it again.

There has been some testing of using plasma from recovered patients to treat new patients which has shown positive results. That indicates that those who have recovered are immune.
The trouble is that these virologists seem to be worse than football fans with their opinions. I often wonder if there's a VitalVirology forum where they're all at it hammer and tongs arguing about herd immunity and whether Professor Chris Whitty is any good or he's just a lazy twat who should be moved on.

Last edited:
Boat from china takes about 5 weeks to reach UK so there's the lag to factor on. Obviously anything they can get now urgently will be air freighted and pay that premium

True, but air freight takes 12 hours. More costly yes, but money shouldn’t be an object when MP’s can claim another £10k to work from home.

I would have absolutely no problem if any group or religious organisation wanted to break curfews if I could guarantee that essential workers had kit or vaccinations which meant that it would be impossible or an ultra low risk they could catch it off imbeciles like these.

Unfortunately that doesn’t exist because it would mean survival of the smartest and we could get rid of some people exhaling co2.

Just went out to collect my daughter from work. A guy around 60 on a motorbike almost collided with my car. When I had a go at him he spat at me. The people up here really are the thickest, nastiest people known to man.

I thought I was done with blocking people over Brexit. I have now blocked two over the Covid19 virus. They were only people I knew through comping and we didnt really speak.

They had put up the most ridiculous conspiracy theories. I appropriately told them the facts of it with proof.

They didnt want that or confirmed medical research and were both idiots trying to take the piss badly

Blocked with no goodbye

I thought I was done with blocking people over Brexit. I have now blocked two over the Covid19 virus. They were only people I knew through comping and we didnt really speak.

They had put up the most ridiculous conspiracy theories. I appropriately told them the facts of it with proof.

They didnt want that or confirmed medical research and were both idiots trying to take the piss badly

Blocked with no goodbye

Was it some crazy nonsense about Trump causing the end of times?

So Michael Gove thinks he is more important than nurses .

PIERS MORGAN was back blasting another MP, this time it was Michael Gove after it emerged he had managed to get a coronavirus test for his daughter after she showed signs in order for him to return to work.

https://www.express.co.uk/showbiz/t...-daughter-self-isolation-Chris-Whitty-itv-gmb

One way of quickly determining which side of an argument you want to be on is seeing who is on each side. Morgan vs Gove is a tough one.

One way of quickly determining which side of an argument you want to be on is seeing who is on each side. Morgan vs Gove is a tough one.

Well the report quoted Morgan who I couldn't give a stuff about , but my point was Gove asked the Chief Medical Officer for a test and got one which in my view is unacceptable. given that plenty of NHS staff amongst other key workers haven't been tested yet.

Just shows Gove to be an arrogant t**t who thinks he is more important than anyone else. yet

Morgan does have some good points and morals in the right place, ITV like to create some feminist debate for the morning show for him to be outraged which I think gives him a bad name.

I don’t agree with everything he says but the biggest problem for me is that he doesn’t let people answer the question and constantly interrupts.

Ranvir Singh is the smartest and best critic I find on Good Morning.

Overall though they do challenge the MP’s a lot more than the Beeb who tiptoe around the edges.

The BBC have reported on the media’s attack on the US administration for the lack of a strategy, and now they’re reporting from India on the lockdown tactics of the police, lack of tests and number of deaths linked to COVID not being accurate.

I don’t know why but it’s annoying me.