Coronavirus | Page 92 | Vital Football

Coronavirus

Claire told me about this last night - I'd hoped it was typical Facebook bullshit.

Now granted, there might be genuine mitigation reasons but :arrghh::rant:

A hospital doctor said he was told to leave his rented room because his landlady was afraid he would bring the coronavirus into her home. Joseph Alsousou is working between Nuffield Orthopaedic Centre and the John Radcliffe Hospital in Oxford.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-oxfordshire-52032909

Just watching news, I don’t know if this story has come the UK or abroad, a lady named Kathy has written in to see they put a “DNR” (do not resuscitate) sign on her mum notes.

From what I’ve been told from my sister - who is a doctor - 2 doctors will need to make a call on the DNR’s if it comes to it, to reduce the post traumatic stress impact of the decision I assume, in the doctor. I know why they’re paid so much now, I couldn’t make that decision.

Pretty sure it would be from abroad then, my understanding is that DNR isn't a legal thing in this country. I do know they taken into account family wishes or at least ask as to the life quality of patients though.

Pretty sure it would be from abroad then, my understanding is that DNR isn't a legal thing in this country. I do know they taken into account family wishes or at least ask as to the life quality of patients though.

It's usually patient requested wish as an outcome - the issue here is patient presumably not making that choice personally. The daughter is claiming she was rang and told the 'home' had made the decision - so accepted - then got angry and took to twitter to contact the BBC.

So there's a lot of unknowns on this one so far.

Unlike the Sun to be accurate - but this is mostly true I believe
https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/3057345/do-not-resuscitate-order-tom-petty-uk-dnr-forms/

We’d all like to think so, but if there’s physically not enough equipment to go round the reality will be very different when two people need the same stuff.

I don’t know the legal side of it, and a bit dangerous putting things I'm told on the web given it could be wrong - but I can’t see a way around it when we get to a point we have a few k deaths per day.

So Prince Charles gets tested , but front line NHS staff don't.

Ok then !!!!!

It was deemed appropriate for him to go in to the NHS in Aberdeen because he met all the conditions for a test... do you not listen and believe everything your hear on the news :grinning:

Why not publish he’s got the symptoms but isn’t having a test, even if he has? Just creates uproar.

It was deemed appropriate for him to go in to the NHS in Aberdeen because he met all the conditions for a test... do you not listen and believe everything your hear on the news :grinning:

Why not publish he’s got the symptoms but isn’t having a test, even if he has? Just creates uproar.

Lol Yes. I don't mind him having the test given his age , but then aren't NHS staff deemed appropriate ?