Coronavirus | Page 842 | Vital Football

Coronavirus

A good read

How months-long COVID infections could seed dangerous new variants

Compared with acute cases, these long-term infections also allow time for much more viral diversity to develop. And through a process called recombination, which can shuffle the genomes of SARS-CoV-2 particles together, mutations that are beneficial in one part of the body, such as the upper airways, might show up in viruses bearing other useful properties, says Andrew Rambaut, an evolutionary biologist at the University of Edinburgh, UK. “If the result is a fitter virus, it can suddenly take off.”

As a result of chronic infections, globally, “this virus has opportunities not just to evolve in one way, in one direction, but literally thousands, maybe tens of thousands of directions over months”, Otto says.

1655470074573.png
https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-022-01613-2

Spike is being caused by two new sub variants of omicrom which according to experts is totally expected and it’s a reminder as people had forgotten, which isn’t a bad thing. The sub variants are more easily transmissible. As ever key issue is hospital admissions and death rates and neither are showing of concern currently. The natural and jabbed immunity is still good within the population. So no major concern that we are going to go back to any form of restrictions at all. It’s certainly not ‘more dangerous’. We ain’t going back to lockdowns etc. And neither should we.

While i still think there are one or two things that should still be in place ( mask wearing in shops, transport) that really are not a hardship. I am done with it , carry on as normal and so we should. Live with it and it is one of many illnesses to live with. I did my bit strictly for the duration of the two years and I have my jabs and will continue to do so. No reason to be melodramatic about this spike.

Last edited:
someone at work has all the s:shrug:ymptoms yet tested negative so came and sat in a 4 hour meeting with 7 of us today. Not particularly impressed by his thought process
Sat in band rehearsals and the guy next to me tested positive the day after. The following day I had rehearsals with another band but didn't go just in case. Most thought I over reacted as government advice states I'm perfectly fine as long as I don't have symptoms

No reason to be melodramatic about this spike.

Or totally dismissive of it either.

Viruses can be clever, it might become a cold, but it might not. And the vaccines, according to a few articles I've read, one I quoted on the last page, are waning. Yes, we might well be able to just get another, time will tell.

With that said, fucked if I care.... I don't really like mankind anyway!

from Science -
Daily Covid infections will exceed 200,000 by the weekend – for the first time since late April – and carry on rising for another fortnight, a leading forecaster predicts.

Daily symptomatic cases in the UK have jumped by 70 per cent this month to 193,767, according to the latest figures from the ZOE Covid study app.

And they will “very soon” cross the 200,000 mark, according to Tim Spector, the King’s College London professor who runs the app.

and so it begins ....

Rock musician's fiancee will become first person in UK to receive £120,000 Covid vaccine damage payment after 48-year-old died from blood clot following AstraZeneca jab
  • Singer Lord Zion died of a haemorrhage and 'complications of a Covid vaccine'
  • His fiancee Vikki Spit, 39, will now receive £120,000 in vaccine damages
  • Vikki's case is thought to be the first of its kind related to Covid jabs

and so it begins ....

Rock musician's fiancee will become first person in UK to receive £120,000 Covid vaccine damage payment after 48-year-old died from blood clot following AstraZeneca jab

That's not a lot really given he lost his life. If it was the US she would have got millions.

I'm surprised we're not rolling out a 4th dose across the board now. Spain are doing it.

We know immunity wanes a lot after a few months and it's been 6-7 months now since a lot of people's booster. Mine was early December.

I'd take a 4th dose now if offered.

and so it begins ....

Not being heartless, but who would she have sued if he'd have died unvaccinated from Covid?

He gave informed consent to be jabbed, everyone knows every medicine has a side effect even if they don't medically fully know what they are. If I'd have been one of the small number people who sadly lost their life on a jab I willingly took, I'd be horrified if my family sued.

Not being heartless, but who would she have sued if he'd have died unvaccinated from Covid?

He gave informed consent to be jabbed, everyone knows every medicine has a side effect even if they don't medically fully know what they are. If I'd have been one of the small number people who sadly lost their life on a jab I willingly took, I'd be horrified if my family sued.
I wouldn't . I'd want big pharma sued for as much as possible.

There's side effects and then there's death. I don't really blame them for taking legal action. No one in the receipt of the vaccine thought there was a small chance they could die from it.

Yeah I think if proven death was from the jab then I am all for people sueing.
On a grand scale, we were told the jab was safe. On a grand grand grand scale the jab was literally forced upon us really. If you didn't have the jab you can't travel or go into certain places etc.