Coronavirus | Page 575 | Vital Football

Coronavirus

And we are the worst of the worst in Western Europe. Some achievement then. Only close to 100,000 over the 20,000 ‘good result‘ remember The only way the minions get to show their disapproval of a government is to vote them out . What other way is there. I think the magnitude of what we have faced and are still facing is reason to give the people a unique chance to show how they feel about the governance in this country during ( as we are told by the buffoon himself) the biggest crises since ww2 and whether they are fit to lead us out of it over the next few years.
Still not sure how the mechanics of it would work, given that the goverment have circa. an eighty+ majority.

So im just watching itv news.
They show police footage from a police raid on an illegal rave.
But they have blurred out the faces of the people?
Why?
Name and shame the twats.

Why?

you say name and shame, I say shoot. You say potato, I say potAto..

Last updated on Tuesday 16 February 2021 at 4:00pm

1613502703677.png

21 001 in hospital - 2805 on ventilators.

Heard, but wasn't paying that much attention, that over half in hospital at the moment are under 60. I think I posted something similar a few weeks ago when numbers were even higher (for those in hospital) ... but the amount of people under 60 who seem to think this is just an old persons problem.

The message is certainly not being put out properly in my humble.

Why?

Talking of raves, there's one planned for Paddy's Day - unless it's a con job.

"Who's sick of lockdown? Wednesday 17 March Paddy's Day lockdown rave will take place in an undisclosed location in the Dublin/Kildare area. 12 hours before the event starts the location will be revealed. No under 17s if we think you look under 17 you will be refused entry. Doors open at 3pm and the event finishes early hours the next morning. Let's not have another miserable Paddy's Day, let's party hard."

https://www.dublinlive.ie/news/dubl...arty-dublinrave-stpatricksday-gardai-19839329

Counted 5 discarded masks in the car park of Sainsbury today. What sort of fucktards do this sort of thing? There should be some adverts showing animals getting stuck in the masks, at the very least these vile scumbags could break the string so as not to be dropping animal traps.

I despise the human race at times. If only covid could mutate to rid us of the vile amongst us, give the rest of us and the planet a chance.

I don't buy this vaccine success. I want it to be x10 faster. The Gov met a target they themselves set. Every day wasted is more variants, more deaths. Go on a War footing and do 1m a day or more.

We mostly need to have two each and (as I suspect as the AZ one is no good on some variants) a booster all this year. That's 195m jabs....so at 7m jabs a month currently.....do the math(s).

Well going by your figures.... Not sure where they are from though.

By my maths, there are 53 million adults in the UK, each requiring 2 jabs, so that's 106 million jabs not 195 million.

We're currently vaccinating about 2 million doses per week so approx 8-9 million per month not 7 million, and we're still ramping up.

So doing the maths we could have everyone fully vaccinated by November unless there are shortages in supply.

Supply is definitely the main question mark isn't it. Hopefully, with others (like Moderna sp) coming soon, all will be well.

Researchers want the government to add fatigue, headache, sore throat and diarrhoea to the existing three symptoms which trigger a Covid test.
Currently, anyone with a cough, fever or loss of smell or taste qualifies.
Testing for these additional symptoms could pick up 40% more cases, King's College London and the Zoe Symptom Study app have suggested.
However, this would mean many more people who don't have the virus being tested.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/help-56096264

Interesting one

Healthy, young volunteers will be infected with coronavirus to test vaccines and treatments in the world's first Covid-19 "human challenge" study, which will take place in the UK.

The study, which has received ethics approval, will start in the next few weeks and recruit 90 people aged 18-30.

They will be exposed to the virus in a safe and controlled environment while medics monitor their health.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-56097088

Interesting one

Healthy, young volunteers will be infected with coronavirus to test vaccines and treatments in the world's first Covid-19 "human challenge" study, which will take place in the UK.

The study, which has received ethics approval, will start in the next few weeks and recruit 90 people aged 18-30.

They will be exposed to the virus in a safe and controlled environment while medics monitor their health.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-56097088
I wonder how much the Volunteers are getting paid for doing it. I know people get paid decent money to test other drugs and treatments etc unless that's just in America.? I'm guessing they be snowed under with applications if they said it was a paid trial.

My daughter who is 37 is getting the Jab on Friday, we are not too sure why, but are they using "buzz" words from medical note to trigger a list other than doing it by age? ie she'd have Asthma and Diabetes on her medical notes, Asthma she has as a child and Diabetes she had when she was pregnant.
Or do some Doctors surgeries have a shortage of people wanting the vaccines or a shortage of older people.
Must be something other than age that triggers the surgery to call, as my Son in Law is the same age 37 and they haven't contacted him

all seems very perhaps "postcode" related it's baffled me not that I'm complaining

All of the triumphalism about Britain's vaccine programme seems very Spursy to me.

Bojo has gone against the manufacturer's recommendation of 3 week intervals between doses to bump up the numbers.

It's possible that the 12 week interval is just as effective as the 3 week interval but it's also possible that the 12 week interval renders the second dose ineffective.

It's like having an open top bus parade because you are top of the league in September.

The actual number of people vaccinated so far is around 500k.

I know Boris and the Brexit brigade desperately need a win at the moment but it would be more advisable to get the win before having the ticker tape parade.

I thought it was the various profs and the like on JCVI that decided the optimal vaccination regime (along with the MHRA & Chief Medical officers of the various nations) - hadn't realised it was just on the musings and whim of Bojo.

Seems a lot of disappointment that we've managed to get quite a few done.

I thought it was the various profs and the like on JCVI that decided the optimal vaccination regime (along with the MHRA & Chief Medical officers of the various nations) - hadn't realised it was just on the musings and whim of Bojo.

No disappointment from me , but I think the fact that the NHS have been involved rolled it out instead of Johnsons cronies have played a major part in the success of the programme.

Boris is like Dean Smith if he does well it's down to Craig Shakespeare if he fails it's down to him. It's never the players either way.