Coronavirus | Page 509 | Vital Football

Coronavirus

I live that close to the border and barber shops I could absolutely make a mockery of it but I’ve been using the same one for some time now and I’ll wait for them to reopen, should’ve gone today.

Keep an eye on Jack make sure he’s behaving this time

We’re above the US in terms of deaths per capita Siggy... :rockon:

Our lot have been worse than your lot, our lot didn’t know what they wanted and we’ve ended up with a fatality and economical shit show.

Both of our countries have not handled this the way they should have. We knew this was coming and yet we did nothing.

I was applauding how the UK has been able to do stay at home orders, and people comply. We can't get everyone to wear a mask because it's against their "personal freedums".

According to this site we are just behind you. One difference could be we don't have universal health care and not everyone has/can afford health insurance, COVID tests can cost up/over $400 and several people just can't afford to go to the dr or get a test. I would guess our actual number of cases is double what is reported, our neighbors have had it twice since July, they were told by health officials not to test the kids to just assume they have it.

https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/data/mortality

EDIT: By the end of this year, more than 50 million people could experience food insecurity, according to Feeding America, the country’s largest hunger-relief organization. That’s one in six Americans and one in four children—nearly a 50 percent increase from 2019. A Northwestern University study in June found that food needs had doubled nationally, and tripled for households with children. The pandemic has laid bare how many people are one paycheck or medical bill away from hunger.

https://www.nationalgeographic.com/...ix-could-go-hungry-2020-as-covid-19-persists/

Last edited:
Both of our countries have not handled this the way they should have. We knew this was coming and yet we did nothing.

Indeed, our “leader” didn’t turn up to five of the key meetings when it was first becoming news I think he only realised about March after he watched the film Contagion is the rumour. But this is an embarrassing game of trumps (no pun intended).

As bad as governments have been, I think we have a real culture problem in the west in dealing with this. At the start, it was a bit hard to understand as you’ll see from this thread - I never thought it would get to this. There’s something about liberalism, capitalism and a self centred culture where only number 1 matters that doesn’t bode well for a crisis like this.

If I look at Aus or NZ, a mate of mine said they have a lockdown for 9 cases - not sure if that was an example of a real life situation - but they’ve done the right thing to save lives and now they can all get to some day to day normality with the exception of having a load of Brits arriving for some year round sun.

I was applauding how the UK has been able to do stay at home orders, and people comply. We can't get everyone to wear a mask because it's against their "personal freedums".

According to this site we are just behind you. One difference could be we don't have universal health care and not everyone has/can afford health insurance, COVID tests can cost up/over $400 and several people just can't afford to go to the dr or get a test. I would guess our actual number of cases is double what is reported, our neighbors have had it twice since July, they were told by health officials not to test the kids to just assume they have it.

https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/data/mortality

EDIT: By the end of this year, more than 50 million people could experience food insecurity, according to Feeding America, the country’s largest hunger-relief organization. That’s one in six Americans and one in four children—nearly a 50 percent increase from 2019. A Northwestern University study in June found that food needs had doubled nationally, and tripled for households with children. The pandemic has laid bare how many people are one paycheck or medical bill away from hunger.

https://www.nationalgeographic.com/...ix-could-go-hungry-2020-as-covid-19-persists/

Yes, we have some of the 'that is my freedom, I won't wear one' wankers but does seem from the outside looking in, you have more (I guess... depending on the State?)

Totaly fucked up that people think they are being controlled, as opposed to realising this IS A PANDEMIC and you all try everything you can to help.

Baffling, selfish, and the conspiracy theorists are an embarrassment. Banned one from here not long back, I got a petty mouthful via email from the twunt, I just blocked him, why argue with idiots?! Would be a full time job these days anyway! lol

Dear God

1609347716335.png

23 771 in hospital
1 847 on ventilators

616 933 have had vaccines, that is a pathetic number .

72 548 dead within the ludicrous 28 day measurement.
82 624 dead with COVID on their death certificates.

Fucking hell he's an idiot. Saw a show the other day on Have I Got News For You and they said when he was guest presenter, he was the worst ever, couldn't get anything right.

And he's running the country and our offensive against this virus.

:clown::clown::clown:

In hindsight (which is easy I know), why didn’t they ever talk about a mutation and what might happen? We talked about mutations here and waves early doors and were football fans, but had they theorised what might happen in a mutation - quicker transmission or more deadly - maybe we would be in a better place.

Perhaps they need some hard hitting doomsday forecasts to wake us up?

I heard a third hand story that the situation in hospitals is a lot worse than is being reported on the news.

In hindsight (which is easy I know), why didn’t they ever talk about a mutation and what might happen? We talked about mutations here and waves early doors and were football fans, but had they theorised what might happen in a mutation - quicker transmission or more deadly - maybe we would be in a better place.

Perhaps they need some hard hitting doomsday forecasts to wake us up?

I heard a third hand story that the situation in hospitals is a lot worse than is being reported on the news.
From inside knowledge it always is.