Coronavirus | Page 295 | Vital Football

Coronavirus

The quarantine is totally mental. It should have been done when countries outside of the UK had higher death rates. It should have been done before the spread got out of hand in the UK. It is too late now, especially as those who will have to quarantine can go on the buses, trains, tube, etc on the way to their destination, thus spreading it before they bunker down.

Apparently to check that people are observing the quarantine rules all we are doing are spot checks , whereas a "backward" country like the Ukraine make people have an app so their every movement can be traced.

Apparently to check that people are observing the quarantine rules all we are doing are spot checks , whereas a "backward" country like the Ukraine make people have an app so their every movement can be traced.

Quarantine should mean being isolated for two weeks in a purpose-built unit, not just trusted to do as they are told. I mean who is going to come here and stay in a room for two weeks. Soft as shite this country is

Anyone see the map last night on NN (or was it Peston). Czech Republic had a map of the world with different levels of alerts for the virus (travel info) and only us and Africa were in red.

We are an utter joke.

Anyone see the map last night on NN (or was it Peston). Czech Republic had a map of the world with different levels of alerts for the virus (travel info) and only us and Africa were in red.

We are an utter joke.

Yes . It was on Peston. Rightly or wrongly I must admit to scoffing at the Czech republic being used as any sort of reference point.

I've been watching the number of new cases, rather than deaths. The time lag on the latter makes the figures hard to interpret. New cases are declining, so maybe there is hope?

agreed Fulford, at least he isn't in the shadow cabinet, although if he was, I would hope and expect Starmer would have taken action.

Some? They are all the same Red or Blue, let's not kid ourselves the Red side would be doing anything different.

They were calling to go into lockdown earlier. It should have happened when we were literally ahead of the curve. And the quarantine should have been expanded, not canceled. No idea if they would have done that, their shadow health dude was talking about that sort of thing though.

They were calling to go into lockdown earlier. It should have happened when we were literally ahead of the curve. And the quarantine should have been expanded, not canceled. No idea if they would have done that, their shadow health dude was talking about that sort of thing though.

I'm pretty sure none of them thought it was going to be so bad, I think they have done the furlough and economy thing a darn sight better than the health side of things which you'd expect from a Tory government.

I think people on this forum are all pretty sensible and can see another wave coming but we might all be wrong.

Pretty much guesswork trying to keep the idiots in check, if the whole country read this forum we'd have cracked it

Not what was being talked about at the time by their shadow health minister, he wanted to do the lockdown (if memory serves me) 2 weeks before. That is exactly what should have happened.

So sad they didn't lockdown when we could see the shitstorm in Europe, instead they waited for it to come here first. If they had done that (and continued track and trace and quarantine as started and then stopped) AND done the economy side which as you say, has been pretty well done, we would be coming out of this very well now.

And as you hopefully know, this isn't party political for me, I hated Corbyn, not least for the fact he handed Johnson a landslide.

THe only positive as I posted a day or so back, there isn't necessarily - or automatically - going to be a second wave, although with the absolute fucktards within the government leading the absolute fucktards in society (beaches full, protests for the USA situation - why no protests in solidarity for the injustices in Africa? Or the storm going on in Hong Kong.. I digress) ... I do fear one will come.