Coronavirus vaccine | Page 41 | Vital Football

Coronavirus vaccine

That says more about the dodgy folk of Southend, Nobs;)

Sadly the people that don't/won't self isolate you're never going to change but I don't know how you deal with them (other than rounding them up and shooting them along with the anti vaxers'). Clearly more needs to be done to get people tested without fear of it having big financial implications for them to do so.

SSP is toilet and a lot of companies are stopping recognising self certification. Our place only pay full sick pay if you're signed of by the doctor.
Yeah, totally appreciate that Captain, (can I call you skipper? 😉) as I said, please don't think I'm speaking out of lack of empathy, we all know someone in that predicament and it must be hellish. I also totally agree that if it gets more people tested and isolating for the right reasons, its a magnificent gesture, whatever government is handing it out. Unfortunately, most coppers suffer from high levels of cynicism purely because most people we meet lie to us, (or at least try to "have us over", for obvious reasons) it gives you a very suspicious mind mostly based on experience and I cant help but think most of this money is going to end up in the wrong (or at least undeserving) hands.

Yeah, totally appreciate that Captain, (can I call you skipper? 😉) as I said, please don't think I'm speaking out of lack of empathy, we all know someone in that predicament and it must be hellish. I also totally agree that if it gets more people tested and isolating for the right reasons, its a magnificent gesture, whatever government is handing it out. Unfortunately, most coppers suffer from high levels of cynicism purely because most people we meet lie to us, (or at least try to "have us over", for obvious reasons) it gives you a very suspicious mind mostly based on experience and I cant help but think most of this money is going to end up in the wrong (or at least undeserving) hands.

I regulary get called far worse than 'skipper', normally by the wife!

Yep I get the cynicism thing, know a couple of coppers and my best mates brother is with Kent tactical team and he has a very dim view of most people he doesn't know for the same very reason and the people he comes across more often than not.

Such cynicism is quite understandable given the fact that most people police "meet lie to [them], (or at least try to 'have [them] over', for obvious reasons)".

But it is part of a self-perpetuating problem. The more cynical the police become the more suspicious they become. The more cynical and suspicious the police become, the more innocent people get harrassed by them. The more innocent people get harrassed by the police, the more that confidence in the police diminishes. The more that confidence in police is diminished, the more people lie to the police. The more people lie to the police, the more cynical the police become. And on and on it goes...

Hard to disagree with what people are saying from both sides. Perfectly possible to sympathise with some and acknowledge that others are out to play whatever system is put in place. No criticism of our posters but some journos quick to jump on this bandwagon yet have gone soft on bounce back loans, furlough and government contracts. Initially the £500 looked like a quick, if blunt solution but the holes appear pretty swiftly when you think about it. Must be some less bad solutions.

The more that confidence in police is diminished, the more people lie to the police...

That's similar to the "young black men commit more crime because they are accused by the police of committing more crime" argument. It makes no sense, why do external factors affect someone when they engage with the Police

What I am saying is, people are going to try and catch the virus to get £500

that was my immediate reaction to. Stupid people will mix as much as they could to contract it and trouser the £500. This government has come out with some stupid ideas but this is right up there with them.

On the subject of fines will the courts really have the capacity to pursue payment ?

Such cynicism is quite understandable given the fact that most people police "meet lie to [them], (or at least try to 'have [them] over', for obvious reasons)".

But it is part of a self-perpetuating problem. The more cynical the police become the more suspicious they become. The more cynical and suspicious the police become, the more innocent people get harrassed by them. The more innocent people get harrassed by the police, the more that confidence in the police diminishes. The more that confidence in police is diminished, the more people lie to the police. The more people lie to the police, the more cynical the police become. And on and on it goes...
A. Thats rubbish
B. Its neither the time or the place

I do feel it's unfair that some have been furloughed on 80% for nearly a year, but others who have been working can't get any financial help when they have to isolate for two weeks.

We also had a situation at our place where staff who were furloughed had not used any of their holiday entitlement and so had the last 3 or so weeks off on full pay despite not working, whilst staff who had worked right through the pandemic had to use their holiday just to get a break.

We argued they should rotate the staff on furlough so everyone had some time off when they was a shortage of work but no they hammered some of us and let others have 9 months on their arse on 80%. Hasn't done anything for staff moral.

If they were "right wing" that's disgusting. If they were "left wing" then it's totally justified.

On a serious note, what is the matter with some people? I genuinely can't understand these people. Is it nutty stories on the internet that have spurred the growth of these lunatics? Perhaps these nutters have always been there but are now more easily coaxed into action.

Some people seem to need some kind of "cause" to have meaning in their life. Is it replacing religion?

I'm genuinely flummoxed by this. Anyone got any ideas? Genuine question.

Btw, I was pleasantly surprised and relieved to hear Johnson's press briefing on Friday where he seemed to strike the right tone at last. Didn't come across as foolishly optimistic with silly phrases and bits of Latin thrown in. Telling people how it is, at last.

If they were "right wing" that's disgusting. If they were "left wing" then it's totally justified.

On a serious note, what is the matter with some people? I genuinely can't understand these people. Is it nutty stories on the internet that have spurred the growth of these lunatics? Perhaps these nutters have always been there but are now more easily coaxed into action.

Some people seem to need some kind of "cause" to have meaning in their life. Is it replacing religion?

I'm genuinely flummoxed by this. Anyone got any ideas? Genuine question.

From a sociological and psychological angle you have hit the nail on the head.
all humans have an inbuilt need to be part of a gang and 'religion' where they have a 'cause'.

Went to my roots stroodville for the pfizer jab.
whats happened to the world - local chav gets a Johnny foreigner vaccine invented by the Prussians and made by the yanks lol.