Coronavirus vaccine | Page 20 | Vital Football

Coronavirus vaccine

The strange one is my visceral fat is actually 11 which is just acceptable (6-11). Its the subcutaneous fat that I need to shift. Need to research how to do that as running/gym (before it closed) never did that but did shift the visceral

Unfortunately it's 80% diet (AKA eating the right things) 20% exercise. I'd find it much easier if it was the other way round! Get a good structured training plan once the gyms open again - resistance training is much more efficient for fat burning that running.

I've got one of those fancy scales too. Leanest I got was 9% bodyfat and around 78 kilios which was to go to Ibiza on a stag :LOL: (I know I know, grow up). Suffice to say I'm not at that at the moment!

Losing weight is simple: eat less, move more.
The problem is that most people don’t want to do that.
I've been eternally skinny, in the low end of 'ideal', and people always assume I must be underweight. My family are all fairly skinny too. None of us really do that much exercise, but don't just sit around all day.

You're right it's essentially a case of calories in vs calories out. I've recently started trying to gain weight/muscle and have got a PT to guide me every couple of weeks as I've never stepped foot in a gym before. I mentioned to him I've never been able to put on weight before and my family are skinny. His response was that we probably all have a fairly healthy relationship with food. In other words we're in a routine of eating what we need (rather than want) and do so in a fairly healthy way.

He's challenged me to eat 3-4000 calories a day to prove it and to help I've downloaded a calorie counter app. My PT is right, whilst we eat a decent amount it's never excessive so it's actually hard to go much over 2-2,500 calories eating healthier foods. Chocolate, biscuits and booze make the counter shoot up but I've personally gone for drinking shakes to get 1-2,000 calories a day extra depending what exercise I've done. Shock horror - I've started putting on a little weight.

Mens sana in corpore sano

It's all very well banging on about raising awareness of mental health issues when we know we are not prepared to commit sufficient resources to do much about it. The single biggest thing we could do to improve mental health would be to get fitter and healthier and feel the benefits.

No one is obliged but be aware of consequences. Proper athletic fitness is unnecessary and unobtainable for most so get fit for what you want to do even if it's limited.

Turning pedals frees the mind and enlivens the body

Unfortunately it's 80% diet (AKA eating the right things) 20% exercise. I'd find it much easier if it was the other way round! Get a good structured training plan once the gyms open again - resistance training is much more efficient for fat burning that running.

I wish it was the other way around as well. Unfortunately my gym has closed for good, victim of COVID lockdown. Need to decide whether to find another or invest in one of those posh spin bikes and just do it at home

Losing weight is simple: eat less, move more.
The problem is that most people don’t want to do that.

That is so true. There was a period that I had to walk to work and I lost shed loads - about a mile and a bits walk twice a day and five times a week. worked wonders. When we bought the second car its just too tempting to jump in that.

That is so true. There was a period that I had to walk to work and I lost shed loads - about a mile and a bits walk twice a day and five times a week. worked wonders. When we bought the second car its just too tempting to jump in that.

algebra provides the solution:

2a - b + c = x2 where a= car, b= 2nd car, c = bicycle and x = wealth and happiness

I've been eternally skinny, in the low end of 'ideal', and people always assume I must be underweight. My family are all fairly skinny too. None of us really do that much exercise, but don't just sit around all day.

You're right it's essentially a case of calories in vs calories out. I've recently started trying to gain weight/muscle and have got a PT to guide me every couple of weeks as I've never stepped foot in a gym before. I mentioned to him I've never been able to put on weight before and my family are skinny. His response was that we probably all have a fairly healthy relationship with food. In other words we're in a routine of eating what we need (rather than want) and do so in a fairly healthy way.

He's challenged me to eat 3-4000 calories a day to prove it and to help I've downloaded a calorie counter app. My PT is right, whilst we eat a decent amount it's never excessive so it's actually hard to go much over 2-2,500 calories eating healthier foods. Chocolate, biscuits and booze make the counter shoot up but I've personally gone for drinking shakes to get 1-2,000 calories a day extra depending what exercise I've done. Shock horror - I've started putting on a little weight.

eating 4000 calories a day can be just as hard as not eating more than 1800!

I wish it was the other way around as well. Unfortunately my gym has closed for good, victim of COVID lockdown. Need to decide whether to find another or invest in one of those posh spin bikes and just do it at home

That's a shame, it's never nice to hear of a business going under.

Couple of my mates have Peloton bikes, they love them.

That's a shame, it's never nice to hear of a business going under.

Couple of my mates have Peloton bikes, they love them.
Mens sana in corpore sano

It's all very well banging on about raising awareness of mental health issues when we know we are not prepared to commit sufficient resources to do much about it. The single biggest thing we could do to improve mental health would be to get fitter and healthier and feel the benefits.

No one is obliged but be aware of consequences. Proper athletic fitness is unnecessary and unobtainable for most so get fit for what you want to do even if it's limited.

Turning pedals frees the mind and enlivens the body

Positive stress works
Within a week of starting up lecturing I can buckle on an extra belt hole.
Within a week of the end of term, I lose ground again.

It's partly the exercise of performing, but I'm sure the stress of it helps a bit too.

Positive stress works
Within a week of starting up lecturing I can buckle on an extra belt hole.
Within a week of the end of term, I lose ground again.

It's partly the exercise of performing, but I'm sure the stress of it helps a bit too.

Stress supresses my appetite, does the opposite for some people though.

eating 4000 calories a day can be just as hard as not eating more than 1800!
Yeah it's requires constant willpower. Hence why I've switched to high calorie protein shakes rather than snacks - one of them is 966 calories and I can slurp it down in about 30 seconds!

Apparently, there are only 2,224 people who can go to the pub tomorrow, because of the new tiers coming in at midnight. I bet they feel like they've won the lottery, lucky b'stards!

I like the look of those but they're a bit pricey aren't they? And a monthly subscription too i think.

For me personally, I find the environment of the gym more conducive for a rigorous workout. I seem to find an extra 10% in the gym; and another 10% when I’m with a PT or training buddy.

Spinning in my front room ain’t gonna work for me.