Corners. | Vital Football

Corners.

orbitalforest

Vital Football Legend
This may sound pretty but has anyone else noticed how many corners get taken outside the quadrant nowadays ?
Just watched Newcastle equalise at Chelsea and it was about 6 inches from it.
They never seem to get pulled up for foul throws either yet you see them all the time.
Ridiculous.

Yes! Drives me mad...think as long as part of the ball is touching the white line they let it go...
Yeah but I'm on about inches away from the white line.
Just saw it in the Leicester game too.
Amazed it doesn't get pulled up.
Sometimes you do see fans in that part of the ground screaming at the officials about it but they never take any notice.

Also notable how many goalies kick the ball out from their hands past the penalty box line.
That's another one Ingy.
What with the wrestling and shirt pulling at corners and set pieces .
Also swearing at officials , you can blatantly see and hear them do it yet it rarely warrants any punishment.
Supposed to be top class football.
I can't remember getting away with this stuff at non-league level or even Sunday football for that matter.

I know we are all desperate for 3 points, but footballers and managers at this level seem to have forgotten that we pay for entertainment. I don't mind "game management" in the last five or ten minutes, but to see Pants dawdling around after we have taken the lead in ten minutes is really frustrating. Not half as frustrating as seeing the other team do it for 80 minutes though!

Yeah but I'm on about inches away from the white line.
Just saw it in the Leicester game too.
Amazed it doesn't get pulled up.
Sometimes you do see fans in that part of the ground screaming at the officials about it but they never take any notice.
And it makes no bloody difference! It's not like they're on the limit of how far they can kick it. It just gives the little sods the satisfaction that they've cheated a little bit.
Which sums up modern football in a nutshell.

My biggest bugbear is throw-ins. Or more to the point a player shouting for the throw-in while knowing full well that he or his team mate got the last touch.

Utter blatant cheating and I would love to see a ref give a yellow for it! ?

My biggest bugbear is throw-ins. Or more to the point a player shouting for the throw-in while knowing full well that he or his team mate got the last touch.

Utter blatant cheating and I would love to see a ref give a yellow for it! ?

I get annoyed by similar things. There was a moment in the Everton-Bournemouth game yesterday where an Everton player attempted a cross, it hit a Bournemouth player and went out for a corner - as clear-cut a decision you could see - yet the Bournemouth player appealed to the linesman that it should be a goal kick.

Maybe it's just instinct when they're in the game environment to try and get every decision in your favour, but I never understand the appealing of such obvious decisions.

Also free-kicks deep in a teams own half where a defender sets up to take it, his keeper tells him to leave it and runs out of his goal to take it, only to knock it short to the defender who was going to take it originally.

So pointless.

Corners can be subjective though, same rule applies as with goals, corners & throw ins where the whole of the ball has to be over the whole of the line, in corners it's just that part of the ball has to be over part of the line, so it may often seem like cheating but if the ball is 5 millimeters over the line it's legal but may not seem it from a different perspective. The player has the best angle for this, although there is no doubt some players do take the piss.

May as well abolish throw in rules, players only ever get pulled up for it a couple of time a season but you see it in every game, just let them throw it in however they like.

I do hate to see players appealing for decisions they no are wrong too, it is just blatant cheating & again you see if every game.

My biggest bugbear though is defenders shielding the ball out of play, it's basic obstruction. Physically preventing anyone else getting to the ball while have no intention of trying to play the ball yourself is a foul, plain & simple.

You're right about shielding the ball out being obstruction.
Once i got so frustrated with a defender doing that to me in the last minute and losing 1-0 that i just booted him as hard as i could straight up the arse.
I think he was a bit surprised.
A bit of a melee ensued and i obviously received my marching orders.
We had a good laugh about it on the bus on the way home though.