Corners | Vital Football

Corners

Upbury Gills

Vital Youth Team
11 last night not varied all back post and baggott heads over seemed to be the best we could do (training pitch essentials)i think even Harrogate got bored of it

When I was a kid, back in the '60's a chant wenr up in the Rainham End "ooh it's a corner!"

Nowadays I just assume nothing will come of a corner.

Apart from Jackson's winner at Wembley I can barely remember us scoring from one this century. Ok, I know we must have scored some but very rarely iirc. They tend to be a waste of 2 minutes now.

We don’t seem to have any routines apart from driving it towards the keeper, no variation,
few ideas from the delivery and players you’d expect to win headers - Ehmer and Mandron for example win nothing - and other like Baggot, who won headers, have no idea how to Execute. Hopefully, we’ll be working on this in training a lot.

Baggott found directly with 2 corners in enough space to get a header in. Sadly both went over the top. Perhaps we just need to make him the decoy and try and find Max or Mandron.

Baggott found directly with 2 corners in enough space to get a header in. Sadly both went over the top. Perhaps we just need to make him the decoy and try and find Max or Mandron.

What frustrated me is they didn’t just go over the top, they looped over. Mandron should have done better with his header but at least he attacked the ball. Baggott doesn’t seem able to do that, which is worrying for a centre back. Someone like Chris Hope would have scored a brace from those chances that fell to Baggott.

I can't remember thye last Gills FB that filled me with confidence yet we have let Romeo & Lintott go, ouch.