Cooper OUT | Vital Football

Cooper OUT

I'm u-turning a bit on Cooper. Hearing some good things about him from a few different folk. I'd still prefer Wilder, but maybe ol' oss-chops is a better fit than I first thought.

I don’t think anyone is particularly questioning his ability, just worried that in our situation he may not have the experience needed.

I would love him to prove me wrong, especially if he does it quickly.

I don’t think anyone is particularly questioning his ability, just worried that in our situation he may not have the experience needed.

I would love him to prove me wrong, especially if he does it quickly.

I was just musing over the fact that compo had been agreed on Friday and yet no announcement, so I was wondering whether the win on Saturday has shifted the dynamic in that we may feel that we don't have to rush this. Maybe that might bring wilder or howe back into it?

I was just musing over the fact that compo had been agreed on Friday and yet no announcement, so I was wondering whether the win on Saturday has shifted the dynamic in that we may feel that we don't have to rush this. Maybe that might bring wilder or howe back into it?
What Saturday will have done is made the appointment a little less urgent. Reid has shown that he knows what he is doing.

What it won’t do is change the target(s). Howe and Wilder weren’t their preference before so they probably won’t be now.

What Saturday will have done is made the appointment a little less urgent. Reid has shown that he knows what he is doing.

What it won’t do is change the target(s). Howe and Wilder weren’t their preference before so they probably won’t be now.

I suspect the reason they are delaying us that whilst Cooper may be their preference, they would rather not pay the compo if they can avoid it as looking at our transfer window we are hardly flush with cash.

Another issue may be to do with cash flow in that we are not liquid and are failing to get Swansea to get to agree to our payment terms so may be drawing it out and trying to see if Reid's performance/s
can be used as leverage to show that we're not desperate.

I suspect the reason they are delaying us that whilst Cooper may be their preference, they would rather not pay the compo if they can avoid it as looking at our transfer window we are hardly flush with cash.

Another issue may be to do with cash flow in that we are not liquid and are failing to get Swansea to get to agree to our payment terms so may be drawing it out and trying to see if Reid's performance/s
can be used as leverage to show that we're not desperate.
Compensation to Swansea was agreed last week apparently.

https://www.skysports.com/amp/footb...x-swansea-boss-after-1-2m-compensation-agreed

Rumour now is he will be announced today.

John Percy tweeted that it will be announced today which is confirmation enough - he doesn't tend to put stuff out unless it's nailed on.