Cook have you any Dignity | Page 2 | Vital Football

Cook have you any Dignity

Does anyone rememeber during the invasion of Iraq and the troops were taking Bagdad and Sadams minister of information was on global tv saying that that they had inflicted a crushing defeated on the US and Sadams forces were in complete control of the situation while you could virtually see the US army flooding into the City behind him?

That is a bit of what this thread reminds me of when i hear that was an ok performance.

If so walk now, in a season of lows and shocking performances you have confounded us all with one that is even more cringe-worthy against a team that has a recent form guide that is worse than ours.

No football manager will walk away and give up their fat contract when they know they can get a pay off if they hang on. It's never going to happen no matter who you have in charge.

I think we should keep Cook but get someone (Jones, Moyes) with experience in to advise. Think he's run out of ideas. When one is down its very difficult to stay positive or plan differently. Players need to be motivated too.

I think we should keep Cook but get someone (Jones, Moyes) with experience in to advise. Think he's run out of ideas. When one is down its very difficult to stay positive or plan differently. Players need to be motivated too.
Experience? You have a bloke on the board who managed in every league in the country! How much experience do you want behind him?

To all the "experts" on here. I think you got your answer last night when you kept asking why Robinson wasn't brought in to replace Naismith as soon as he got fit. If Naismith is "Naishite" what nickname are the intelligentsia going to give to Robinson.

I have always been a Big Cookie fan probably because I knew him when he was a young lad at Wigan and have followed his career closely since, I was thrilled when he got the job and last season he gave us all a fantastic feel good factor (Fleetwood /Doncaster) etc and so I have probably given him more support than I would any other manager in our position but last night made me realise once and for all that we need a change. I'm really not sure if anyone short term could change things but I'm praying that we can stay up and then we definitely need a new man for next season. I'll always be a Paul Cook fan but sadly I think his time at Wigan is over.

Zakky, I think most people like Cook as a bloke and can relate with him in some way. However you have to put those sentiments to one side and look at the matter objectively. I think unfortunately he's been found wanting at this level, both in terms of his recruitment and latter tactically. It now appears with the pressure his ability to motivate is also now being found wanting. This is the death knell for any manager and the final indicator he's reached the end of the line.

His last long term stint was Ipswich Nov'02 - May'06. Football has moved on.
Royle and Peter Reid have over 60 years in football a lot of time at top levels, if Cook wants advice from anyone he only needs to knock on their doors!

Royle and Peter Reid have over 60 years in football a lot of time at top levels, if Cook wants advice from anyone he only needs to knock on their doors!

That might be part of the problem - outdated advice. Game has changed a lot since either of them were succesful managers.