Contracts swapped with PKF - game on | Page 2 | Vital Football

Contracts swapped with PKF - game on

Weller, FACT is FA cup triumph. As I said in the earlier piece, I'm Pompey until either I or the Club die. I don't have to justify myself for my views any more than I have. I don think its workable and believe their plan is not only flawed but in parts bordering on pie in the sky. When and if they succeed and convince me it will work then I'll admit I'm wrong, but that's for them to prove to me and others. Anyone on here Weller who knows me, knows I'm Pompey to the core, but they also know I have views and if it goes against the grain then so be it. I want us to succeed and prosper as much as anyone, just because I don't agree with the trust doesn't make me any less of a fan

One final thing Weller, I wouldn't call my mention of the trusts need to find money and borrow from the council a contradiction! The Trust has hawked around the idea to all that their plan would put us on a sound financial footing with no more debt incurred; well excuse me if I'm wrong but is not taking a loan from the council; not matter at any good rate not adding to the debt?? So already before they've even taking over, are we not already in more debt than we were??
As I say if I'm wrong I'll shut up and eat humble pie. You mark my words, they will need loans or funding from somewhere because a club in league two with our debt cannot survive and service the debt on a league two income. So please excuse me if I don't see myself as being contradictory.

Wether the trust succeeds or not at this time is pure conjecture. I believe the Council loan, if it is to be serviced by the golden share is a sound piece of business which is sustainable. I do not want the club to be at the mercy of the next 'Chanrai' so the trust must be given every encouragement and assistance to succeed. Its up to us. Either chuck a grand in if you can spare it, join a cyndicate if you can't or at least come along to the odd match and drag along one or two others who were happy to pin their colours to the mast in the glory years. The trust needs us and I also believe that, even if it is in League 2, if the results go our way and we have a good season the fans will come. Also lets use this opportunity to connect with the fans of tomorrow and get more kids involved. This is going to be a long, steady process, but most things that are built to last usually are! PUP PPU, Pack the Park!

Penton - I didn't accuse you of being any less a fan/supporter. I can not fathom your position or rationale. The Trust said it would make a loss in the first year due to servicing the debt so they already told you they would need funding before you exposed it. BTW it was contradictory and you are not excused!! Humble pie tastes nice so I hope you enjoy it! :)

Well you have a long wait for me to eat the pie Weller, as I said; if it works I will, no question. Likewise if it doesn't, I'd expect the same In return...

I beg to differ Pents but certainly take the challenge although I will be gutted if that's what happens and can not see it if the Trust gets the club.

Well let's at least get this clear, I DON'T want to be right! For me to be right will be catastrophic for the club and all concerned, all I'm saying is I don't see it working; and I would say from the outset that the odds are evens...

We have all waivered at one point or another but the hard and plain simple truth is there no other option. In this sense we have to help the Trust ownership to evolve. There is always going to be scepticism but thats the essence and short-term nature of being football fans. In my opinion, the hardest task facing the Trust when they takeover will be keeping the initial impetus going, particularly when the results are poor, the crowds are lower and the money is tight. Until then they have my vote so long as they maintain majority control.

FACup Triumph - 11/3/2013 07:19

We have all waivered at one point or another but the hard and plain simple truth is there no other option. In this sense we have to help the Trust ownership to evolve. There is always going to be scepticism but thats the essence and short-term nature of being football fans. In my opinion, the hardest task facing the Trust when they takeover will be keeping the initial impetus going, particularly when the results are poor, the crowds are lower and the money is tight. Until then they have my vote so long as they maintain majority control.

:1: