Contracts swapped with PKF - game on | Vital Football

Contracts swapped with PKF - game on

Beat me to it, but here's the official link confirming it.

http://www.portsmouthfc.co.uk/LatestNews/news/Update-From-PKF-4200.aspx?

Good news. Not much has really changed as it has always hung on the FP valuation & therefore PST's ability to but it. But it does mean we are now good to go as soon as that court case is done, presuming a favourable outcome.

Clear this in my mind please. Having dealt in agency terms with builders in the past, was the land purchase by Mr Robinson carried out to mean FP was ransomed into being denied development potential unless under his control. Otherwise of stadia value only and without a carpark?

This is exceptionally good news. Another step along the way.

If the court case goes in our favour and there aren't any other little nasties thrown at us, this will truly be a historic moment in the life of PFC.

Personally I don't think any of us realise yet how big this could actually be seen by others in English football. The fact that we could be a model for others to follow will be something to be truly proud of after the road we have travelled the past few years.

I don't want to get too carried away because we are reliant on a judge giving us the green light, but today I feel happy in the knowledge that we are nearly there... PUP :35:

cornypomp - 8/3/2013 16:43

This is exceptionally good news. Another step along the way.

If the court case goes in our favour and there aren't any other little nasties thrown at us, this will truly be a historic moment in the life of PFC.

Personally I don't think any of us realise yet how big this could actually be seen by others in English football. The fact that we could be a model for others to follow will be something to be truly proud of after the road we have travelled the past few years.

I don't want to get too carried away because we are reliant on a judge giving us the green light, but today I feel happy in the knowledge that we are nearly there... PUP :35:

I really do want to get carried away Corny. I first approached Peter Storrie about this in 2008 so its a real tonic to see it come to live. Three cheers everyone involved and fingers crossed for the courtscase to nail it home. :14:

Oh deep joy. Only good thing is we'd be out of admin, that's it for me, sorry and all that if I don't share your joy. I don't see this as the answer, never have and I hope I'm wrong. So I'll accept we're out of admin, but I can't accept it's the answer, not by a long way.

I have just written on the front page -

<b>Vital Pompey says...</b><BR><BR>Not only is this a momentous day for Pompey fans but football fans everywhere. It shows that fans power works and what can be achieved if you put your mind to something. Our thanks and congratulations must go to everybody concerned.<BR><BR>Yes, there are still two hurdles to clear before the deal can be rubber stamped and one of those, hopefully, is a mere formality - the transfer of the Football League share.<BR><BR>The only real obstacle now is whether the High Court will agree to the sale of Fratton Park at a market valuation and we have to wait until April 10/11 for that decision. Most knowledgeable parties believe that there will be no appeal possible to the Judge`s decision as long as procedure is followed properly.<BR><BR>The new board now have their work cut out in planning for the future. The top priority is to appoint an experienced Chief Executive to run the club in a proper manner - a manner to ensure that the name of Portsmouth Football Club is NEVER dragged through the mud again! The fans are keen but have no experience in running a football league club. He search will begin now - unless they already have someone in mind.<BR><BR>The Football League seem to be very keen on the Trust buy out, now they need to back that up with actions and by helping the club. How can they best achieve that and still being fair to others clubs and the Pompey creditors who have not been paid? They will obviously want to keep a close eye on the running of the club under the new management to ensure the business plan is adhered to. The key point (no pun intended) is the number of points to be deducted, and when. I think we will have to settle for ten next season<BR><BR><b>Fan's role</b><BR><BR>The fans still have an important part to play in the club`s future - five years ago today the city was celebrating an FA Cup quarter final victory at Manchester United and 250,000 joined in the eventual procession through the city. Now those same fans must continue to dig deep by either buying a share or just attending the odd game - whatever they can afford.<BR><BR>Season Ticket prices will be announced soon and the Trust have promised discounts for shareholders and existing ticket holders. With League Two ahead prices will be as cheap as possible BUT the club MUST run on an break-even basis so you will get what you pay for. A better deal must be done on replica shirts too to ensure the club receive more that the Kappa contract which was signed prior to the 2010 Cup Final.<BR><BR>There is work to do and money still to raise but after today`s news one thing is certain<BR><BR><b>Pompey MUST survive and Pompey WILL survive </b><BR><BR><b>PLAY UP POMPEY!!</b>

Penton, sometimes we have to accept the answer that's available mate. It might not be the ideal, the magic bullet, but who knows-it just might be a new beginning we can all grow with...

I must admit, when I look back over the past few years I find it hard to take everything in. The fall from grace has been brutal. But... nothing stays the same, corners can be turned, and there really is light at the end of long dark tunnels... PUP... :35:

Sorry Corny, don't see it mate! As I say I hope I'm wrong but I just have never been suckered into the PST dream, I'm I entitled to an opinion against the grain and sadly I have one but its mine and until I'm convinced otherwise it is what it is! Others on here have gone for against for against, but I'm afraid I've never been for the trust, that's just my inde

Independant ideal. I know it goes against the grain but I really don't give a fig! It's what I believe and that's it! I've supported this club as long as I can remember for 47yrs and I hope to for longer, I know you and others have for longer but that's only because you're older, I am Pompey till either it or I die, but I'm sorry my thoughts don't go along with the trust but that's just how it is!

penton - 8/3/2013 23:26

Sorry Corny, don't see it mate! As I say I hope I'm wrong but I just have never been suckered into the PST dream, I'm I entitled to an opinion against the grain and sadly I have one but its mine and until I'm convinced otherwise it is what it is! Others on here have gone for against for against, but I'm afraid I've never been for the trust, that's just my inde

You're welcome to have an opinion Penton but when you use words such as suckered it does not endear people to them. Just to remind me what is your alternative, would you rather Portpin? Or something else?

I think this is great news for the club and fans, it's not over yet but it feels like its going to finally go our way. Hats off for the achievement of getting it this far despite the dirty tricks and obstacles placed! PuP

I think it is a great time to be a Pompey fan. Since the Trust is democratic I suggest if Penton has better ideas then he should get involved, get voted on the board and help to push the club forward.

PUP

FACT, I've never said I had better ideas, just said I don't see the trust bid as workable without finding money from somewhere! They've already borrowed to get this on the table, and it won't stop there! Democracy? Really? I doubt the masses will have much of a say in this. The best solution in my mind is a similar ideal to the Swansea model, and if the comes off then I would be pleased.
As for getting on the board FACT, I'll leave that to you.

Penton, you are 100% entitled to that view. I have swung for-against PST ownership almost daily.

I have concerns (Influence of HNWs, ability to manage a club, etc.) but this is the best option we have. At times I didn't think they'd get this far, but I doff my cap to everyone involved. Tenacious doesn't sum it up.

But yes, I defend you in your position. You are perfectly entitled to take it.

without a doubt you have always held that view penton, and for that it is hats off to you - you have had, and still do have, your opinion and have stick to it.

i am another that has been very pro PST, but have definitely wavered sometimes (not that i have ever wanted chainrai over this!) and have concerns but i would definitely prefer the PST for sure over chainarai or harris and that is the only other alternative.

will it work out?

i really really hope it will and IF their is a potentially more relastic business plan (14000 per week is asking too much) you would like to think that we would be run in a way that gives us a sustainable future as opposed for a short-term view under chainrai/harris/AN other.

think these are times to be more optimistic but i would not say we should be cracking open the champagne that we are saved without a doubt.

my biggest hope is that we can get back to talking bloody football for once in the not too distant future!

Penton - whats all this FACT business? And why contradict yourself when you say the Trust will need to find money from somewhere and then moan about the (very reasonable) council loan? Hey ho, I accept you have your own opinion but what is the point of knocking something before its even had a chance to go when you dont have a decent alternative - the Swansea model being very similar to the Trusts but with smaller fan share (at Swansea). Still, as long as you still go and support the club/team not to worry. Onwards and upwards PuP