Contract Talk | Vital Football

Contract Talk

Harry-Kari

Vital 1st Team Regular
I see there is a lot of press talk about a huge new contract for Alli while at the same time reporting nothing being offered to Toby.

If it were up to me, Toby would be well ahead of Alli in terms of importance to our team and should merit a big increase.

Anyone have any knowledge as to how the contract situations will play out?

Toby has been offered an extension, multiple times, and the only reason he isn't on par(or close) to our top earners is his reluctance to sign.

He is running is contract down.

If that’s true it seems strange given his age and his current contract runs until 2019 I believe.

It's not strange at all when he leaves he will get a nice sign on bonus and his agent will be rich. Even if we could match the wage difference between anything he would be offered, the sign on alone would be massive.

The centre-back's agent Stijn Francis said: "When you look at Toby's statistics, they are impressive.

"Either he deserves an appropriate contract, or else he should be given a transfer.

"There are not many central defenders around who can play like he can.

Toby Alderweireld earns around £50,000-a-week, well behind Spurs' top earners.

"But these clubs will have to negotiate with Tottenham's chairman, Daniel Levy."

When quizzed as to whether a new deal was on the table, Alderweireld himself said: "No, like I said, I am focused on football.

"The rest, I don't know, we will see about that."

Last month, Spurs boss Mauricio Pochettino revealed he has no concerns regarding Alderweireld's contract situation.

Looks like we have offered a few deals but they are not interested in signing unless we off massive money. Which we won't do.

Sadly I think he will be sold next summer.

And I think Dele Alli will soon follow.

Really would like to keep Toby but can't see it given our wage structure. As for Alli, as long as it doesn't lead to a mass walkout, I would settle for £150m for him to Barcelona. Toby is far more important to us in my opinion.