Conor McGrandles Leaves | Page 2 | Vital Football

Conor McGrandles Leaves

Disappointing although expected. Gave his all and showed class in an often unbalanced lightweight midfield. Thanks for the effort Connor, good luck for the future.

Think he said early he would probably go back up to scotland so stuck to his word if he does. Good player always put in a shift

Thank you Conor and all the best for your future career. Always one of our most consistent players when we had a successful season and even more so when it became a struggle to avoid slipping into to trouble last season.

Expected after all the speculation. A shame in many ways as I think he is reaching his prime as a midfielder, and the range of experience over the last 2 seasons will make him a better all-round player. Whoever gets him should be very lucky. Good luck Conor and thank you for two terrific seasons for the Imps 👏👏

I think this will be one of the best signings someone will make this window. Thanks Conor for your loyalty to the club and fans, best wishes in everything you do !

Echo everyone else, a great shame to see him go, but signalled for a while and understandable for Conor personally. He's been one of our most consistent players over the last 2 seasons in terms of performance and availability.

The difference between the lockdown season and then seeing how Conor reads the game was so evident for me at the start of the season in the Carabao Cup game at Shrewsbury, a classy player leaving a big hole fo fill. He'll be wasted at the same level as Alan Power!

Best of luck, Conor and thanks for the last 2 seasons.

Best of look to you Conor. It was a pleasure to watch you play for us. Never let us down.Wherever you end up you will enhance the team.

Sad to see Conor go, what a rock he has been - and one of those signings I doubt anyone would have expected to be so key to us (anyone who claims that they did, I'm going to ignore). Big shoes to fill now.

Good luck for the future, Conor!

Can we imagine a Scottish Premier League team - perhaps getting into European competition - with an ex Imps central midfield!?!? - Alan Power and Conor McGrandles

More confirmation that Conor is not moving to Scotland, and was (seemingly) not happy with us last season:-

http://d3d4football.com/conor-mcgrandles-agent-gives-hint-about-possible-efl-move-for-midfielder/

Whether that was with MApp or the club generally, we will probably know if he moves to Blackpool!
Interesting that Lasse Sorensen was allegedly signed as his understudy with Conor having already put the club on notice of seeing out his contract at the end of the 20/21 season. If true, whilst his performance levels dipped a little, he in no way could be accused of not remaining professional or committed during his appearances throughout the 21/22 season.