Connor Mahoney | Vital Football

Connor Mahoney

More chance of signing Steve Guttenberg. Oh wait, Fawaz or Doughty don''t own us anymore.

Turned us down to join Bournemouth's under 23 side.

Makes me want to cry a little bit, not that I'm too fussed about missing out on him, but that these days the Bournemouth reserves are more appealing than Forest :21:

MarvinsPA - 4/7/2017 14:31

Turned us down to join Bournemouth's under 23 side.

Makes me want to cry a little bit, not that I'm too fussed about missing out on him, but that these days the Bournemouth reserves are more appealing than Forest :21:

Says a lot about the players ambition really to a degree. I mean signing for a club that, from the outset, you might not ever kick a meaningful ball for, isn't something a player should really want to do in my opinion. But I'm sure many wil disagree, an led of course he's probably getting paid more than we could offer him.

To be fair to the lad though, he probably thinks he's got a shot at the Prem with a Bournemouth and he's probably been told there's a pathway to the first team there.

It's not like he's signed for Chelsea where he's got no chance is it?

I think we have done better out of the two targets, that remains to be seen.

But as it stands McKay has done more in the game than Mahoney and may end up the much better player, lets wait and see.

That's one way of looking at it.

There is of course the other view point; if the great and the good have not heard of the player he is bound to be shite.

We have a number of people slating the signings of Mckay and Cummings yet I would bet that none of them watch Scottish football with any level of regularity.

mao tse tung - 5/7/2017 07:02

That's one way of looking at it.

There is of course the other view point; if the great and the good have not heard of the player he is bound to be shite.

We have a number of people slating the signings of Mckay and Cummings yet I would bet that none of them watch Scottish football with any level of regularity.

Bet you're right. I'm happy with the signings so far, but just hope that there's a bit more to come. If we manage to hold on to Britt I'll be over the moon. This sort of approach makes a refreshing change.
If MW sticks to the sort of style he's used at Brentford we should be in for a good season, and put ting more bums on seats.
It might pay some of you to note that there's been a number of good players from over the border over the years.

im not sure anyone can possibly slate them signings, that would be stupid in reality as they are genuinely decent value for money in any sense of the word, especially for a bottom of the championship side with a manager that just got promoted in the league we buying the players from and knows our league too.. Theres simply only positive potential to be found re those.
having said that im still hoping the 5 million centre mid player is on his way from somewhere :24: