Congratulations | Vital Football

Congratulations

BobHatton

Vital Champions League
To the Dragons of Wrexham on their 2nd consecutive promotion.

Playing Pool next term (probably) and although owned by millionaires, they've shown that you don't need a multi-million dollar squad to succeed.

Well done!

Playing Pool next term (probably) and although owned by millionaires, they've shown that you don't need a multi-million dollar squad to succeed.

Well done!
Wish them well, but they've had a ton of money lavished on them along with mega global advertisement etc. My lasting memories of them were that they were a 4,000 - 5,000 attendance team in the lower 2 divisions but the global exposure has given them a much bigger advantage than the rest of lower league "English" football.

£132,000 a week wage bill alone is unprecedented for a team newly promoted from non-league. They've bought their success.

Last edited:

Well done!
Its about belief and unity Bob. Something we don't have. I can't believe in a club that gets its priorities all wrong. Well done Wrexham.

they’ve been great, and it seems like they’re doing it with the community which is fantastic.

But they’ve definately spent a lot of money, they had nearly a championship budget in non-league. That’s not a dig - they can afford it with all of the interest and reputation they’ve generated, just not pretend they’ve done it any other way.

Fake Taffs. Glory Hunters. Back to the Welsh League with them. All the L2 fans I know say their fans are the most obnoxious they have encountered for some years. Just saying.

Fake Taffs. Glory Hunters. Back to the Welsh League with them. All the L2 fans I know say their fans are the most obnoxious they have encountered for some years. Just saying.
In all the years supporting Blackpool they've never been very nice. Only perhaps Tranmere are more hostile.

The proper story here is Stockport and getting back to L1 after some rotten seasons.

The Wrexham story isn’t a true footballing story, they’ve bought their way to where they are simples and will probably do the same next season.

They can fuck off as far as I’m concerned but well done to Stockport.

Jealousy is a bad trait and one to overcome. Not one of us would object if we had similar good fortune. Its not their fault we're poor.

Jealousy is a bad trait and one to overcome. Not one of us would object if we had similar good fortune. Its not their fault we're poor.
Exactly right!

The green eyed monster. Pool fans wouldn't object if The Mighty 'did a Wrexham' I'll bet.

Just watching Man City going out of the Champions League. I wanted them to win even though they've bought every trophy they have. Of course we'd all love some real investment in our own team but why be jealous of everyone else? Football has in the modern era been about who has the most money. Blackburn, Wigan, Chelsea, Liverpool, Man City, Fleetwood, Rushden Diamonds, Forest Green, AFC Fylde, Wrexham . . . It's all about money. It's not jealousy it's more about getting one over on arrogant, parvenu Billy big Bollocks fans. Welsh people should know what all too well what gloating when they see England lose means!

Watched the City game last night too.
Someone recently said to me it must be boring being a City fan - knowing you are going to win every game etc.
Not me if I was one. They play fantastic football. Should have won that last night. Silva trying a Hoolahan pen - wasn't the time or place...

Just watching Man City going out of the Champions League. I wanted them to win even though they've bought every trophy they have. Of course we'd all love some real investment in our own team but why be jealous of everyone else? Football has in the modern era been about who has the most money. Blackburn, Wigan, Chelsea, Liverpool, Man City, Fleetwood, Rushden Diamonds, Forest Green, AFC Fylde, Wrexham . . . It's all about money. It's not jealousy it's more about getting one over on arrogant, parvenu Billy big Bollocks fans. Welsh people should know what all too well what gloating when they see England lose means!
I'm not one to generalise but a lot of them do appear to be obnoxious. Appears to me that Its just an inferiority thing with them.