Comparisons | Vital Football

Comparisons

I think I’ve mentioned before that I’ve got a Liverpool supporting pal and we’ve regularly cried on each other’s shoulders this season over our mutual decline. I said to him last night that it looks like his lads have developed a complete mental block about playing at Anfield and I think that our problems in the early days at least were as much about our collective mindset even before we lost JOC. He thinks losing key players and no fans has been their main problem.

I reckon we started feeling sorry for ourselves after getting so many decisions go against us culminating in the ghost goal at Villa and it started going downhill from there. Suddenly the feeling that we were just going to get better wasn’t there. Losing JOC for a season added to the nervousness and the lack of supporters in the ground also added to it and the decline had started.

I also think that for both sides there’s a case of after the Lord Mayor’s show going on. Both clubs and their fans had been on such a massive high. They were European and English champions, we had flown up the divisions and were pushing for Europe. We‘ve seen it so many times before where teams who’ve been flying for ages suddenly lose their mojo and just can’t regain it again.

Last edited:
I think I’ve mentioned before that I’ve got a Liverpool supporting pal and we’ve regularly cried on each other’s shoulders this season over our mutual decline. I said to him last night that it looks like his lads have developed a complete mental block about playing at Anfield and I think that our problems in the early days at least were as much about our collective mindset even before we lost JOC. He thinks losing key players and no fans has been their main problem.

I reckon we started feeling sorry for ourselves after getting so many decisions go against us culminating in the ghost goal at Villa and it started going downhill from there. Suddenly the feeling that we were just going to get better wasn’t there. Losing JOC for a season added to the nervousness and the lack of supporters in the ground added to it and the Decline had started.

I also think that for both sides there’s a case of after the Lord Mayor’s show going on. Both clubs and their fans had been on such a massive high. They were European and English champions, we had flown up the divisions and were pushing for Europe. We‘ve seen it so many times before where teams who’ve been flying for ages suddenly lose their mojo and just can’t regain it again.
Have you seen the Beeb Gossip page today Gray? Accordin to the Mail Our Chris's position is under serious threat,it appears the Prince wants a director of football and our Chris doesn't agree.Let's hope the Prince isn't going to do to us what Chancer-i's done at fake massives.:shake: UTMPB

Have you seen the Beeb Gossip page today Gray? Accordin to the Mail Our Chris's position is under serious threat,it appears the Prince wants a director of football and our Chris doesn't agree.Let's hope the Prince isn't going to do to us what Chancer-i's done at fake massives.:shake: UTMPB
Being reported more widely across the media generally although the article I saw was basically a re-hash of the original story from earlier in the week so that might be why it's gaining more traction.

I really hope it doesn’t come to that Rod

Rod's struggling today Gray. No-one died yet so this is the nearest he's got for enjoyment.:innocent:
If anybody had died somebody would probably move the thread anyway looking at OT. Looks like even Jonny Quinn’s death doesn’t warrant a place on this section.

Has anyone else seen the similarity between the fall of Liverpool and United. We lost JOC they lost Van Dyke. Same position , similar style. Could it be that they were foundation stones and when removed things began to crumble.
obviously ,ya cant keep clean sheets you,ll struggle to win when ya cant hardly score. build from the back, every single successful side in any way shape or form had a solid defence.