Colin | Vital Football

Colin

Nobby_66

Vital Football Hero
......has retired after 41 years in football and a record 8 promotions.
I know he's a bit of a Marmite character but you can't argue with his record outside the PL. I know we could never have afforded him but I'd love to have had him as manager (especially when we were in the Championship)

I warmed to the guy when he was reportedly told about the anagram nickname and his retort was "I've been called worse".

Always thought he was a bit of a wind up merchant who seemed to take satisfaction in recruiting all our Championship strikers when their contracts were running down. Nothing more and nothing less, and he had humour to go with it. Good manager as well.

I like Colin, a real character that is becoming rare in the sport we love to watch
Absolutely, there aren't many left now, dying breed. Some would say outdated in this day and age but so refreshing. As for being a wind up merchant, spot on and I think that's one of the things that endeared us to Hess, among others. They're great when they're in your team, not so much fun when they're an opponent 😉

Apparently, there's a video going around of some kid asking him for a "selfie" and he proceeds to produce a signed photo from his bum bag 😁
Some would call it arrogant to carry them around but for me, just funny !!
Arrogant to some, but showed he was willing to engage with the fans, particularly the children. To many he would be damned whatever he did.

Not sure how authentic this is but just seen this "quote" attributed to Warnock.

"I don't want a minute's silence when I die... I'd like a full minute of chanting, "Warnock is a w*nker".

Wouldn't be surprised 😁😁