Colin Murry on talksport | Vital Football

Colin Murry on talksport

shearers boots

Vital Squad Member
taking this piss out of NUFC (the bad thing is s true ) saying managers would rather go to Palace and West Brom over Newcastle because they will have a bigger spending budget

It's a pity he wasn't killed in the troubles.

Four eyed little ****, with the worst accent anywhere in the civilized world.

Aye that's not so much taking the piss out of NUFC, that's taking the piss out of what the fat **** has turned us into. World's tightest billionaire, world's biggest pustulous ****!

Murray is like the rest of the sky generation wankers.

File him alongside Tim Lovejoy and his ilk.

He knows fuck all about Newcastle, none of them do. They are continually looking for reasons to mock the idea that we are a big club. They don't know what the word "big" means. The biggest clubs in Britain are Man Utd, Celtic and Newcastle. The likes of Man City, Chelsea, Spurs and to a lesser extent, Arsenal, can only dream of having the support that we can command. That's what I mean by "big". Murray et al confuse the word big with the word successful.

A couple of months ago Murray did a great little segment on Newcastle and how we exist just to make money for Ashley, he made a lot of sense and was very complimentary about us as a club and our history. As far as I can see he knows his stuff and is taking the piss out of Ashley and just highlighting what the fat **** is up to. Makes a change from most shithouse journos to scared of fatty to say anything. Despite his voice being annoying he does his research and is knowledgable on most sports, nothing whatsoever like that embarrassing waste of space Lovejoy.

OldLeazes - 31/12/2014 14:11

Murray is like the rest of the sky generation wankers.

File him alongside Tim Lovejoy and his ilk.

He knows fuck all about Newcastle, none of them do. They are continually looking for reasons to mock the idea that we are a big club. They don't know what the word "big" means. The biggest clubs in Britain are Man Utd, Celtic and Newcastle. The likes of Man City, Chelsea, Spurs and to a lesser extent, Arsenal, can only dream of having the support that we can command. That's what I mean by "big". Murray et al confuse the word big with the word successful.
We've won nowt domestically for 60 years, that's why we're not a big club and we need to move on from that. Just look at the names we're being linked with and tell me we're a big club. We're well supported but so are the Mackems so that's hardly a benchmark. Big clubs win things, we don't, accept it and move on.

The names we're being linked with reflect the current ownership rather than us as a club- newcastle United with a forward thinking and ambitious owner who's willing to invest in the team and other areas would make us a very attractive proposition particularly to ambitious European coaches. Actually think Roeder was talking sense in that this could be the sort of time we could attract someone like Klop whose team are in a relegation battle in Germany. Of course it wouldn't happen though. Glad pardew is going but expect whoever follows to be entirely predictable and true to form.

We are a big club, that is beyond dispute.

The word "big" does not in any way equate to the word success.

Nottingham Forest. Big club or not? If not, then why not? They have won more European Cups than either Chelsea or Man City. It's not about success, it's about the size of the club. Newcastle are a huge club, by any definition of the word. We've won umpteen domestic trophies and a European one to boot. So, if it is based on trophies then we qualify there too. Or is your definition of the word "big" now squeezed to allow only trophies won within a certain time period?

By the size of the support we are a huge club, by the number of trophies we've won we are also a huge club. I'm not sure how you are defining the word "big", but I suspect you are defining it in the same way as the Sky generation define it. That is to say, based on the current advertising campaign.

Newcastle are a huge club, and the sooner you accept it, and move on, the better.

you mean someone who doesnt ask questions and doesnt give answers, someone who follows sports directs protocol of fucking over the fans to make £3.8B mike £7.6B mike i only hope its kinnear or someone like that as i find watching the current so called supporters getting dry bum fucked very enjoyable.

Most clubs are big in the eyes of their own supporters and how you define "Big" could be argued all night. I just can't think of a single club anywhere in the world who have not won a domestic trophy for 60 years yet are generally considered to be a big club. Surely being successful is what being big is all about, yeah no one can take away our history but that's exactly what it is...history!

The old big club debate! Never gets tireless.

I'd sooner be a small club and win trophies than a big club and fuck all.

No pride in being a big club, in fact I have a lot of time for those that follow the like of Rochdale and Hartlepool across the country.

elgorm - 31/12/2014 17:45

The old big club debate! Never gets tireless.

I'd sooner be a small club and win trophies than a big club and fuck all.

No pride in being a big club, in fact I have a lot of time for those that follow the like of Rochdale and Hartlepool across the country.

Agreed, We've won the league 4 times and the FA cup 6, plus one European trophy, albeit a minor one. I think we're about 8th in the all time English list of honours, considering our last domestic trophy was nearly 60 years ago makes it pretty remarkable that we're 8th. We desperately need to add to that haul and the fact that we haven't is nothing short of disgusting, a club used and abused by a succession of fucking parasites who've owned it. It's them that have thought small minded and ran it like a small club, famous stadium, history, fan base and city make us a big club, but it means fuck all if those in charge keep us down and lower the expectations.

He is speaking the truth thanks to Mike we can no longer compete with clubs like Stoke, WBA or Southampton, never mind we still have the greatest fans on the planet.

The-realist67 - 31/12/2014 17:32

Most clubs are big in the eyes of their own supporters and how you define "Big" could be argued all night. I just can't think of a single club anywhere in the world who have not won a domestic trophy for 60 years yet are generally considered to be a big club. Surely being successful is what being big is all about, yeah no one can take away our history but that's exactly what it is...history!

You didn't really address the question.

Are Nottingham Forest a "big" club?

If not, then why not? Two European cups would suggest they are. By your definition they aren't as you have now introduced a time frame during which clubs are allowed to be "big".

You've fallen for the new Sky definition of the word "big" whereas i prefer the definition contained with the Oxford English Dictionary, a publication with considerably more expertise in the etymology of words than say, Richard Keys or Jamie Carragher.