Cold Callers | Vital Football

Cold Callers

CuckFan

Vital Squad Member
'we believe you've been involved in a motor accident in the lat 3 years, is that correct? (It isn't).

My replies to them, I cannot type on here.

Suffice to say, it wishes the very, very worst thing that can happen to a human and his/her family, of the person calling.

And they have the cheek to take offence to it all, when it is them that is making an unwarranted (and illegal) call to me!

* When it was the first few times, 'fuck off and die horribly' was enough for me to say - but now it's over a dozen calls in the last month.

I just ask them to hold on for a minute and just leave the phone down and carry on what I was doing, it seems to have stopped most of them.

Yeah, another strategy - but I want my phone free for calls that I am expecting / do want to take, and not have these ***** calling all the time.

It's just not right (or legal) for ***** to do this. I'd string them up for it. First offence. And I let them know that as well (and much, much worse).

I now have a standard response.
"i believe you have been in booked in an accident that wasn't your fault"
"that is quite correct"
"can you tell me what happened?"
"i must certainly can, i was stopped at a red light in my helicopter when i was hit from the rear by a police helicopter who's driver was drunk"

On most occasions the line goes 'dead' although the best I've had was one lass who said "I'll get my supervisor to talk to you"
I repeated the story but added id lost a testicle in the aforementioned incident before he cottoned on.

So this also happens on the continent?
I thought it may have just been a UK thing (following in the footsteps of the US)

CuckFan - 15/11/2017 19:17

* When it was the first few times, 'fuck off and die horribly' was enough for me to say - but now it's over a dozen calls in the last month.

I wonder why that is. I bet you are on the gobshite list, hence more calls.

It's on my UK phone Pyrry, so is clearly a UK thing.

No problems on my Dutch phone.

The problem I think stems from signing up to websites and things, ticket-offices etc, I always give my UK contact number.

No wonder it's infuriating as when I transit through Schicpol airport I used to get charged roaming fees by my UK network provider for making and receiving calls. A costly annoyance if the same applies to your cold callers

No roaming charges in EU anymore Pyrry, so not so bad.

It's just why fucking bother people, pretending (lying) to think you know they've had a traffic accident? If they had and wanted some help - they'd look for you, not the other cunting way around.

Think I will invest in one of those phone screening gadgets because we can't use the phone because of these fuckers always phoning up.

Billy I got some bt8500( I think that was there model number) phones for my parents about 18 month ago initiated BT call guardian and they have never had a cold call since