Colchester 8500 already sold | Page 4 | Vital Football

Colchester 8500 already sold

No, in fact the opposite. In fact I have not offered an opinion on what should happen, I have just outlined what from a construction perspective whats possible. The expansion of the SW being the most likely and cost effective.

I was just responding and offering my constructional eye to a post by Scotimp of what would the cost and implications would be of developing the St Andrews side of SB. Clearly a £7m to £8m development is highly unlikely to happen as is any expansion of the SW. I'm also not holding my breath on a ground move any time soon, either
with no increase in capacity, i suppose the alternative the club has if they wish to increase funds for *the journey* [playing budget, associated staff costs, developing the youth academy, upkeep of the new training facility etc etc] is to put up the ticket prices. which will also test the resolve of the hangers on and floating fans.

fortunately the gordian knot is solved easily 'by finding the loophole or thinking creatively'.

It depends what and where it is being built and the interfaces required. It's one thing errecting a temporary stand in a middle of a golf course for a sport that is played purely in daylight. It quite another attaching it to an existing structure on a contrained site for a sport that is played under lights. There would be a requirement for modest service connections such as additional WC capacity, lighting, emergency lighting etc.

I agree with Notty the club would need to very carefully consider what is required in the way of additional capacity. I would venture an additional 2k would be the upper limit.
A 2k increase sounds about right.

For arguments sake, we're in L1 next season and most Club's will be in the SW. That sells out quickly. When the SW is available, we basically fill that, too, so there's 2k for starters.