Coker to Stevenage | Vital Football

Coker to Stevenage

Joined injured, never got a look in, no real loss for City. Hopefully he can get some games under his belt this year and get back to the player he wa at Southend.

Shame we never got to see a fit Ben Coker.

It appears he would probably be behind Edun and Melbourne next season so correct decisions as 3 right backs are not required.

I am presuming Michael see Edun as a left back as he used him there last season and has signed a few midfielders this summer already.

Another of the 'interesting ' signings the Cowleys made not long before they left, never sign injured players .

Another of the 'interesting ' signings the Cowleys made not long before they left, never sign injured players .
With the likes of Marriott and Eardley, they were very much in credit in that respect. But it's a gamble which doesn't always come off and that was the case with Coker, without his second injury it could have been different.

I could probably understand it if it was a 'we wouldn't have stood a chance of signing him otherwise' gamble (e.g. If we'd signed an injured Sam Clucas or someone of that sort of ability). But to sign an average league one player who has been out for a very long time, and was never going to be fit for the start of the season was bizarre. The Cowleys rarely got signings wrong but he has to be their worst one. At least Tom Champion was a good signing on paper and has gone on to prove himself again in the National League.

The received wisdom on Coker was that pre-injury he was one of the best left backs in L1, a successful rehab and we'd have had a good player on our hands, the rehab didnt work out.

Tbf, wasn't he fit from October onwards? I think it was more of a case of MA not fancying him than him being constantly injured.

He'd have played more under DC, who I'm assuming signed him with Toffolo's inevitable departure in mind when the next transfer window came around.

Personally from what I remember from watching that game I remember thinking he looked scared of the ball, but hey ho.
Wonder if Stevenage have put a showreel up like we have with Bridcutt

Absolutely, he looked like a good player with the body of a 50 year old against Rotherham. He was lacking in any athleticism or speed on that night.
I remember thinking that could well be his only game for Lincoln and so it will almost certainly prove.

Personally from what I remember from watching that game I remember thinking he looked scared of the ball, but hey ho.
Wonder if Stevenage have put a showreel up like we have with Bridcutt
They might have to go back to black and white footage to find a lot of clips.