Cobblers | Vital Football

Cobblers

Alfalf2

Vital Reserves Team
Another tough match against a team with a decent away record especially with no Holohan, Liddle or a forward who can score. A draw at best I suspect but fingers crossed as always.

Yep. If only Mr Singh had forcibly prevented Armstrong from rushing off to Harrogate, we'd be in a much stronger position now.

Not sure what to expect in this game, Northampton's record is almost identical to Pools so they are hardly the most prolific in front of goal either. Hence form would suggest a rather lacklustre goalless draw.
However, I'm still hopeful that one of our strikers might hit a vein of goalscoring form!

I doubt it will be goalless. Without Liddle we are always likely to give a goal away so it is just a question of how many if any we score. It would be good if any of our fit strikers could hit a cow's arse with a banjo let alone hita vein of goalscoring form.

Yep. If only Mr Singh had forcibly prevented Armstrong from rushing off to Harrogate, we'd be in a much stronger position now.
Nah, we don't need a goal scorer, after all in the past the best Pools teams have never had a goal scorer. We would have got promoted from the NL without Armstrong and Oates, no problem at all. If you look at the top four or five teams in League 2 now, none of them have a goal scorer. Pools can get along perfectly well relying on goals coming from defenders with midfield players chipping in now and again. If we get relegated this season it will definitely not be because we don't have anyone who can put the ball in the net.

Last edited:
Pools won.
Mols starting to show his potential?
Yep another three points in the bag though when we went one down I was concerned. Mols has all the ability in the world, he just needs to be more consistent. Pools winning just makes the weekend so much better.