Club statement - Charlie Wyke | Page 8 | Vital Football

Club statement - Charlie Wyke

Thanks for the post Moonay, it's great to hear some news about Charlie especially what's sounds to be very good news. I'd love to see him back playing for us but first and foremost It's just great to see he's doing so well!
Excellent news 👏👏👏👏👏👏

Would have been too big a risk to expect all of those Sunderland fans to be respectful with their track record.

I take it you had long gone when Max Power got a standing ovation at the end of the game when he went straight over to the travelling fans to acknowledge them.

Good to hear he's on the mend. I thought he might have made an appearance at the game on Saturday, as to have 20,000 fans applauding him and chanting his name would have done him the world of good.

Probably thanking him for playing shit. Why he bothered though after he was booed throughout the game is beyond me.

Edit....that should have been in response to the Max post.

Regarding Charlie...doesn't seem that long ago a section of these very same supporters were singing about him being paedo or something along those lines. Not all granted but a section .

Last edited:
Regarding Charlie...doesn't seem that long ago a section of these very same supporters were singing about him being paedo or something along those lines. Not all granted but a section .

Wasn't that chant also sung at Rotherham fans the other night?

Every club has some wankers following it.

Wasn't that chant also sung at Rotherham fans the other night?

Every club has some wankers following it.

I've only ever heard a similar thing....one absolute balloon singing it at the Morecambe goalkeeper behind the goal, laughed at by 2 of his equally ballooned mates. I just don't get why ex-players feel the need to get a standing ovation of a past group of fans...especially when they have in general been less than complimentary about your ability.