Club or Country | Page 2 | Vital Football

Club or Country

Thing is, when football addressed the pointless friendly thing by introducing the Nations League everyone jumped on them. The actual England fans that bothered to pay attention knew that playing Spain, Croatia, Holland etc with a path to automatic qualification and a trophy was a good thing. Other so called fans just called them more pointless friendlies.

I prefer the rugby and cricket approach. They're all test matches but less is definitely more. The autumn internationals and 6 nations is showpiece sport.
The demands for even more football will never allow that to happen though. There are an endless amount of showpiece games & tournaments already in place & yet here we are once again.

I can honestly say i'm satisfied with my lot. Just how many more games could we possibly need?

Like Geof , I’m one of the lucky few to have seen both .

What I don’t understand , and never have , is a friendly match .

What is that all about .

Being nice to your opponent ?

It will always be club for me, no matter what .
Your country winning anything doesn’t grant much bragging rights, but your club ……
My club winning any game is the pinnacle , especially if rivals lose at the same time .

I really don’t get anyone playing Andorra and getting satisfaction about putting six goals past them . And then being out thought by Greece . No disrespect to any opponent , but I just don’t get it .

I used to travel all over following England , but it was more for the craic than the game .

Following Tottenham all over Europe was totally different, it was the game , the whole game and nothing but the game .

When I lived in London , me and my mate used to go to every away game , either as twelve / fourteen year olds , getting the coach from White Hart Lane , or later driving our own cars .
Just turn up , pay at the gate .

It was away of life I will never forget . Following Tottenham .

It will always be my club first . No matter what .
The memories of travelling with the mighty Spurs, the memories mate, luv em! COYS

Like Geof , I’m one of the lucky few to have seen both .

What I don’t understand , and never have , is a friendly match .

What is that all about .

Being nice to your opponent ?

It will always be club for me, no matter what .
Your country winning anything doesn’t grant much bragging rights, but your club ……
My club winning any game is the pinnacle , especially if rivals lose at the same time .

I really don’t get anyone playing Andorra and getting satisfaction about putting six goals past them . And then being out thought by Greece . No disrespect to any opponent , but I just don’t get it .

I used to travel all over following England , but it was more for the craic than the game .

Following Tottenham all over Europe was totally different, it was the game , the whole game and nothing but the game .

When I lived in London , me and my mate used to go to every away game , either as twelve / fourteen year olds , getting the coach from White Hart Lane , or later driving our own cars .
Just turn up , pay at the gate .

It was away of life I will never forget . Following Tottenham .

It will always be my club first . No matter what .
When I sat in the Rotterdam stadium in 63 and at Wembley in 66, all I could think was 'history is unfolding and I'm part of it'. Magical.