Clements Bye | Vital Football

Clements Bye

Voice of Reason 2

Vital Youth Team
Needs to go now - before he gets to Kent

Too many of our performances have been embarrassing, regardless of any play off hopes.

Brad needs to weld the axe if Clemence does not have the guts to resign

Last edited:
One look at the goal statistics on all the players we started the season with shows that they simply didn't have enough goals in them lead by any manager. This was the position Clemence took on the job .I would admit January could have gone better but it is hard to believe that given the spending limits that were clearly there we would have been able to cure the problems we started the season with .This problem gives opportunities to other sides to attack us with little or no fear.
The question is weather that recruitment was good enough and who was responsible the majority of our problems?
The major spending pre dates Clemence so he for me is not the major issue.

I wonder how different the situation would be if we had been successful in signing Alfie May? Impossible to be certain but I feel that we would be a good bet for a play off spot. Add in a fit Jorge and things could have been very different.

The players who were signed up not including Lewis Walker any kids or players signed in January.
The squad had a total of 3415 league starts not including any sub appearances.
422 goals .That is about one in 8 .That is without including goalkeeper appearances so times by ten starting outfield players and you can see even if Hawkins was fit the goals per game was limited even with the likes of Bonne,Nichols,Shaun Williams and Scott Malone etc recapturing their previous form .
Clemence is forced to ask defenders to try to create something all to often it has not been basic defending that is at fault it is more the defence trying to get the ball successfully forward to our lone stationary forward with limited options.

Last edited:
One look at the goal statistics on all the players we started the season with shows that they simply didn't have enough goals in them lead by any manager. This was the position Clemence took on the job .I would admit January could have gone better but it is hard to believe that given the spending limits that were clearly there we would have been able to cure the problems we started the season with .This problem gives opportunities to other sides to attack us with little or no fear.
The question is weather that recruitment was good enough and who was responsible the majority of our problems?
The major spending pre dates Clemence so he for me is not the major issue.
Spot on for me Chris. In addition sacking Clemence and his staff and the whole squad would be like punching ourselves in the face. A reduced budget due to the pay offs, diminished credibility in the eyes of future recruits and an impossible job for the new man.

If it's analytics we are going for then first apply them to the current squad. It's the lack of pace in key areas and the lack of goals that stands out. It would be mad to sack everyone to try and put that right.