Clemence is clueless | Page 3 | Vital Football

Clemence is clueless

Lets buy League One ready players when we're in League One, but for now the focus should be two-fold for me - buy some young talents and build up our tangible assets (which we've done very well in fairness), and secondly bring in some chaps with experience of doing well in League Two as Martin Allen did. The squad that won us the league title back in 2013 wasn't great in League One but it achieved what it needed to at the level the club was in at that time, and that should be the primary focus. Two or three forwards with a good record at this level shouldn't be unmanageable for a club with a bit more spending power than a lot.
It`s a bit of a gamble, whoever we go for. The point you make about L2 players for L2 promotion is interesting. Primarily because SC, who has coached at the higher levels, appears to be trying to get his players to play a style not naturally rooted at L2 level, but rooted slightly higher, and with half a team who find the transition more comfortable than the other half - it`s not an easy cocktail to sip.

Recruiting players from higher divisions is something that Saturday`s visitors - Wrexham have done quite a bit. Their manager has done the job in L2,L1 and the Championship. He appears to have chosen players from higher divisions to get Wrexham out of L2 and is doing pretty well. TBF he also has the luxury of a very deep squad which affords superb tactical flexibility.

A fit Hawkins and the hopeful addition of a fit Andrews, coupled with Hutton on the right and Malone/Clark on the left, might yet be enough to see SC realise his enhanced offensive play. Sad that, had we been able to secure a midfield general, SC might not have been that far away from seeing his style come to fruition in the latter stages of this season. The probability is that we`ll have wait until 24/25.

Must admit, I feel confident in SC and if we find ourselves in L1 with him still at the helm, we may well surprise a few with a Bolton-like campaign of nice footy.

Means nothing if we don’t follow it up next week so much more fight and passion today but I still think we have more

Means nothing if we don’t follow it up next week so much more fight and passion today but I still think we have more
Agreed these players have proved they can go toe to toe.with.the best.But winning promotion means beating the worst
When sides come too defend we lack the pace and power to break them down . Without being able to bring in leadership, a goalscorer or a player who frightens defenders (Hurtado apart.)
Clemence needs time to turn those things around.