City on January 24th | Vital Football

City on January 24th

BW Moon

Vital Reserves Team
Some games played by City on this day

2015 A dire display sees City knocked out of the FA Cup 2-0 by Middlesbrough at home. :'(

2010 City win 4-2 away to Scunthorpe in the FA Cup. Martin Petrov Nedum Onuoha Slyviniho and Robiniho for City. :)

1987 City draw 0-0 at Wimbledon.

1981 City beat Norwich 6-0 at home in the FA Cup Dave Bennett Gerry Gow Bobby Macdonald Paul Power Kevin Reeves & Steve Mackenzie score.

1953 A better display against Middlesbrough at home as City win 5-1 . A Billy Spurdle hat trick with Don Revie and Johnny Williamson also scoring :)

What a hit from Sylvinho.

As long as I've been a City fan left back has always been a problem area for us but the left backs we've had in that time haven't half scored some absolute scorchers.

Thinking, Jensen, Tarnat and Kolarov to add to Sylvinho's.

It was a dire display overall, but we did have the chances to be well on top and take control against Middlesbrough.
Their keeper made several great stops. Didn't stop our Keystone Cops defending for the first goal.

Thing I remember most about the Norwich game, (apart from the goals), was that I wasn't sat in my usual seat in the North Stand behind the goal. Was in the 'curve' towards the Main Stand.

What a hit from Sylvinho.

As long as I've been a City fan left back has always been a problem area for us but the left backs we've had in that time haven't half scored some absolute scorchers.

Thinking, Jensen, Tarnat and Kolarov to add to Sylvinho's.
Pearce and Hinchcliffe with some free kicks too

Pearce and Hinchcliffe with some free kicks too

True, not forgetting either of course the greatest goal there's ever been, scored by one Terry Phelan, so good it started a pitch invasion.

Oh and on freekicks, another left back Garrido scored a peach of a free kick against Liverpool, it's all I really remember about him.