City now worth more than United | Vital Football

City now worth more than United

Well it seems a comprehensive and balanced piece of business research. Standby for the rag disputation of the basis of the report as they always want to be "the biggest". Someone needs to tell them size isn't important - it's what you do with it.

The key feature for me is the improvement in our revenue......that is the key to sustainable success

Well it seems a comprehensive and balanced piece of business research. Standby for the rag disputation of the basis of the report as they always want to be "the biggest". Someone needs to tell them size isn't important - it's what you do with it.

The key feature for me is the improvement in our revenue......that is the key to sustainable success
I couldn't agree with you more.
:grinning:

Just like our play on the pitch, we are thinking long term. Unlike the money grabbers outside of the city, licensing everything from bog paper to tampons.

I imagine our squad/group or whateveritiscalledthesedays is worth considerably more than theirs.

Depends how you get your money, at least their ground is named after a place and not a foreign airline.

We may become big enough to influence UEFA and sadly no-one in the media will pick this up as it does not tick the right boxes in terms of lovey dovey Clubs - Yes you know who I am talking about

Stretford need to rebuild from scratch and stealing other Clubs' targets has not done them any good anyway, what did Ewar woowar have in his head, let's see who City want and buy them for more. They may be a few years in the rebuild but they now have competition that they did not have before.
And with another season without Champions League, that must have an impact on the quality they can bring in. Oily's no great pull either. The young and up coming World elite may not have even heard of him.

And with another season without Champions League, that must have an impact on the quality they can bring in. Oily's no great pull either. The young and up coming World elite may not have even heard of him.

Quite so. And of course he has anchored himself firmly in the past as his recent decision to make the squad train at their old Carrington training ground showed. Constantly harking back to "know what it means to play for this club" is going to have less and less resonance with players who were born after that period of history.

The longer they are out of the top European competition the harder it becomes especially when his stock is limited and based on that goal in 1999 alone. You need to acknowledge history and recognise it's importance but not make it the prime reason for playing for the club. Not that I am complaining......long mat their turmoil and lack of vision continue.

Yes it's madness they are still clinging desperately to "the United way", to their past, hoping that it resurrects their future. They can't see that they need to start again and let the past go.

The contrast with our owners vision and approach is all the starker......and the funniest thing is that they just don't see it. Their 'business model' is founded on debt and the generation of cash to service that debt. As long as it keeps churning out the money the owners don't care what kind of football is delivered. They keep banging on about 'financial doping' and 'the millions City have spent' but ignore the foundations that have been put down at City, the breadth of the CFG vision and the longevity of the plan.....

They have zero vision. Long may it continue.