City Gossip | Page 84 | Vital Football

City Gossip

Confirming what we have suspected for quite some time although this campaign seems more rooted in the political differences between the UAE & Qatar. Oh the irony of the authors pointing to ‘sports washing’ and ‘human rights abuses’ given the record of Qatar in respect of the acquisition of the 2022 World Cup and the treatment of workers building the stadiums for the tournament.

The real problem is exposed by some of the comments in response to the article. Some minds won’t be changed.

already sounding, but I have to admit, why are we buying Clubs around the World, is it just to spread the Global City name or is there a bigger plan that will help City grow
I think it is twofold, first a branding exercise and a way to spot talent for the mother club, and if they don't make the grade with us they can be on-sold at a profit.

already sounding, but I have to admit, why are we buying Clubs around the World, is it just to spread the Global City name or is there a bigger plan that will help City grow

Er, we are a business, we are a brand, we are our 'owner's' PR, we are not what we used to be but it has bought/brought us fantastic success unimaginable whilst standing n the Kippax - why do you think I always refer to our stadium as Eastlands rather than the Etihad.

I'm not saying this is right or wrong, it's just how it is. We buy other clubs and rebuild them in our image. Who knows, in a parallel universe we are part of the Fenway Football Group and play in all red...

The deal for Lommel is done.....the CFG family has a new member 👏🏼

Lommel SK: City Football Group agrees deal for Belgian club

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52615577

Cannot abide our 'owners' pettiness - why not buy Anderlecht. Or Barca or Bayern, they've got the money they should splash the cash instead of buying clubs no one has heard of. Don't we fans count any more, buy Real or Inter you tightwads!

Cannot abide our 'owners' pettiness - why not buy Anderlecht. Or Barca or Bayern, they've got the money they should splash the cash instead of buying clubs no one has heard of. Don't we fans count any more, buy Real or Inter you tightwads!

There are rules apparently that would become awkward should one of our become involved in European Competitions, ie a conflict of interest, that is why we buy clubs that are basically feeder clubs lower down, we were surprised that Girona were promoted and could have caused problems had they qualified for said competition

There are rules apparently that would become awkward should one of our become involved in European Competitions, ie a conflict of interest, that is why we buy clubs that are basically feeder clubs lower down, we were surprised that Girona were promoted and could have caused problems had they qualified for said competition

Yeah I know, be funny though...

100087542_255115518933383_8267643145211084800_n.jpg