City Gossip | Page 106 | Vital Football

City Gossip

The Spurs statement.......

”We can confirm that our Premier League home fixture against Fulham, scheduled to take place this evening (Wednesday 30 December), has been postponed.​

The Premier League informed us of the decision this afternoon, with Fulham having requested the postponement on the grounds of the number of COVID-19 positive cases among their players and staff.​

Everyone at Tottenham Hotspur sends their best wishes to Fulham for a safe and speedy recovery to all those who are affected.

Details of a new date for the fixture will be confirmed in due course.”​
(My emphasis)

Compare this to the Everton one.....where any concern for those affected was conspicuous by its absence. Knobs.

I will post it again to aid comparison:-

”Everton Football Club regret the postponement of tonight’s match against Manchester City - not only for the 2,000 fans who would have been attending, but for supporters on Merseyside and across the world.​

Our players were prepared for the game, as were both the team staff and everyone at Goodison. Matchday is the most important date in our calendar. And this was a big one.​

Whilst Everton will always have public safety uppermost, we will be requesting full disclosure of all the information that Manchester City provided to the Premier League so the Club can be clear on why this decision was taken.”​

The more I re-read this selfish, self-absorbed tripe the more my dislike of that scummy club grows (And they were starting from a very low base already ever since they trashed us during the Lescott transfer saga :mad: :finger:)

I will post it again to aid comparison:-

”Everton Football Club regret the postponement of tonight’s match against Manchester City - not only for the 2,000 fans who would have been attending, but for supporters on Merseyside and across the world.​

Our players were prepared for the game, as were both the team staff and everyone at Goodison. Matchday is the most important date in our calendar. And this was a big one.​

Whilst Everton will always have public safety uppermost, we will be requesting full disclosure of all the information that Manchester City provided to the Premier League so the Club can be clear on why this decision was taken.”​

The more I re-read this selfish, self-absorbed tripe the more my dislike of that scummy club grows (And they were starting from a very low base already ever since they trashed us during the Lescott transfer saga :mad: :finger:)
They don’t mention that had we won we would have gone 2nd instead

Sky have suddenly pulled their shouting ‘Everton Demand Answers’ piece since news broke of the Fulham Spurs game cancellation.
Funny that.

No further positive cases, but still under review at City.

https://www.mancity.com/news/mens/club-statement-covid-19-63744930

The training is to resume as there are no more cases, we will not want a fixture pile-up in any event, however, we await to see if the new covid restrictions include football, I think the trip to London and back might be a trip too far just at the moment but it seems the PL are reluctant to call for a mini break.

The good news is of course that there is a vaccine on the way but if Footballers and staff get it first then there will be an outcry.

Manchester City FC can confirm that first team training will resume at City Football Academy this afternoon.

MENS TEAM

COVID NEWS
The full Covid-19 bubble underwent testing yesterday, and results have revealed no new positive cases.
Safety remains our number one priority, and the Club will continue to proceed with great caution.
The first team training buildings have undergone a deep clean over the past 48 hours, and the majority of these facilities will remain closed, with only essential operations around training resuming.
The bubble will undergo further testing in the coming days, the results of which will inform and dictate the next steps.
Everyone at Manchester City continues to wish speedy recoveries to all of our colleagues who remain in self isolation following their positive tests.

City quiz of the year: Test your knowledge!

the above is a link to the OS and a fun quiz

The training is to resume as there are no more cases, we will not want a fixture pile-up in any event, however, we await to see if the new covid restrictions include football, I think the trip to London and back might be a trip too far just at the moment but it seems the PL are reluctant to call for a mini break.

The good news is of course that there is a vaccine on the way but if Footballers and staff get it first then there will be an outcry.

No indeed but we have yet to have any idea of what the impact is on the availability of players for the Chelsea game. We could be seriously handicapped going into that match.

No indeed but we have yet to have any idea of what the impact is on the availability of players for the Chelsea game. We could be seriously handicapped going into that match.

At least five - Walker and Jesus for sure, and the other three were rumoured to be first teamers, a trio of names I've seen elsewhere.

I think the team travelled back the day of the Arsenal game, they used the hotel for a meal

At least according to this article, which is very well written and worth a read

Good stuff - thanks for posting BD 👏🏻 The contacts outside the club ‘bubble’ are always going to be the weak points in the ‘shield’ around the squad. It would be interesting to know whether any hotel staff have reported symptoms.

The reaction to the postponement of our fixture was entirely disproportionate which is telling. The key bit.......

“The most important thing to remember, is this virus is highly contagious and extremely dangerous. Forcing fixtures to be played based on the 14&GK rule or forcing a club to forfeit a match while experiencing an outbreak is dangerous. It encourages reckless behavior by forcing a club to violate local government guidelines or field a squad with potentially positive players in order to avoid fines or dropped points. In the end all a policy like that does is put more clubs at risk and can create a snowball effect putting not just one or two fixtures at risk, but the entire season.”
Those fuelling the ridiculous theories need to get a grip and focus on the reality of the situation in the country.

18c44f8f-e824-4f4b-bb6b-dad259f741f9.jpg

Manchester City manager Pep Guardiola has now spoken about the club's postponed game with Everton, due to a coronavirus outbreak.
"We had enough players to play against Everton - we wanted to play - but with the day before [we had] four cases, the virus was inside," he said.
"I called [Carlo] Ancelotti to announce the situation because we could play, but if we travel and we had been in touch with our infected players, we could infect Everton. It was a big risk, not just here, but around the world."

Manchester City manager Pep Guardiola has now spoken about the club's postponed game with Everton, due to a coronavirus outbreak.
"We had enough players to play against Everton - we wanted to play - but with the day before [we had] four cases, the virus was inside," he said.
"I called [Carlo] Ancelotti to announce the situation because we could play, but if we travel and we had been in touch with our infected players, we could infect Everton. It was a big risk, not just here, but around the world."

Remarkably there was no mention of this potential risk in any of the media reaction and it was conspicuously absent in the Oh So Self Absorbed statement from Everton who, I say once again, expressed ZERO interest in the welfare of the City players and staff infected with this potentially deadly virus.

Manchester City
Manchester City manager Pep Guardiola has confirmed he will have five players unavailable for Sunday's game following positive coronavirus tests.
The game at Everton on Monday was postponed at short notice after three more players tested positive following Kyle Walker and Gabriel Jesus. The latest results bring the total number of first-team personnel at the club isolating to seven, including two staff members.
"It was four people - two players - the first time and then three more," said Guardiola.
"I don't think the Premier League allow us to name the players but you will know tomorrow."