City 1 Ipswich 0 | Vital Football

City 1 Ipswich 0

impsimps

Vital Football Hero
Two years ago to the date, one of the best goals I have seen at SB, certainly in my top 10 in too many years of watching !! It was very kind of them to arrange the game on my birthday and for a kind supporter who gave me two tickets !
Maybe some one with better computer skills than me can attach the highlights of the game. UTI.

Two years ago to the date, one of the best goals I have seen at SB, certainly in my top 10 in too many years of watching !! It was very kind of them to arrange the game on my birthday and for a kind supporter who gave me two tickets !
Maybe some one with better computer skills than me can attach the highlights of the game. UTI.
Happy Birthday. I think that goal won goal of the season for Nathan Arnold and certainly was assist of the season for Adam Marriott. In the words of Alan Partridge " yes....yes......yes.....yes.... shit did you see that? Goaaaaaaallllllllllllllll, that was liquid football"

Most memorable and important win in my Imps supporting lifetime. An absolutely magical, unforgettable evening (actually early morning as I was in Malaysia at the time!).

Remember jumping around the apartment here like a madman at 6.30am whilst my wife was sat eating her breakfast.
What a pass!

I was much the same here in KL. Got myself worked up into such a stupor that I was still physically shaking when I arrived at work later that morning.

The perfect goal at the perfect time to win a game we performed heroics in. Memories that will be with me for a lifetime.

There was another one from the Ipswich end, too, but from the other side. Can't find that one.

Happy birthday buddy and yes..thanks to the very kind supporter who kindly let us have a couple of tickets for the game..5 hours of queuing was not in vain after all.
Happy memories.
U.T.I.
Excited for today's signings..bring on Saturday..

That goal of Nathan’s has to be the best goal I will ever witness City score. It had everything. Live on national TV. Last minute breakaway with great run, turn, pinpoint pass, keeper rounded and calmly into the net to win a 3rd round tie for the first time in 40 years. The biggest roar I have ever heard at the bank followed by scenes of joy that were simply unbelievable. We were already on our way but that loco started to go full throttle and it hasn’t stopped yet. Thanks for the memory Nathan :clap:

That goal of Nathan’s has to be the best goal I will ever witness City score. It had everything. Live on national TV. Last minute breakaway with great run, turn, pinpoint pass, keeper rounded and calmly into the net to win a 3rd round tie for the first time in 40 years. The biggest roar I have ever heard at the bank followed by scenes of joy that were simply unbelievable. We were already on our way but that loco started to go full throttle and it hasn’t stopped yet. Thanks for the memory Nathan :clap:

Hey, Clanford, were you around when George Peden's penalty went in Vs Newcastle Utd back in September '67? It proved to be the winner, 2-1, in front of 15,454 which was probably the biggest attendance I had ever been a part of up to that point. The roar after that goal could be heard down Rookery Lane!

Hey, Clanford, were you around when George Peden's penalty went in Vs Newcastle Utd back in September '67? It proved to be the winner, 2-1, in front of 15,454 which was probably the biggest attendance I had ever been a part of up to that point. The roar after that goal could be heard down Rookery Lane!
Even I wasn’t born then, although I arrived by the end of that year!!

Great night at the bank. I remember thinking as Nathan was one on one with the keeper that he would try a shot and it would go wide. When he rounded him I thought that he couldn't miss. Time seemed to stand still for a moment and then mayhem. Fantastic scenes of jubilation. I must have seen that goal 100 times and I still get goose bumps.

Last edited:
Great night at the bank. I remember thinking as Nathan was one on one with the keeper that he would try a shot and it would go wide. When he rounded him I thought that he couldn't miss. Time seemed to stand still for a moment and then mayhem. Fantastic scenes of jubilation. I must have seen that goal 100 times and I stillness get goose bumps.

I got goose bumps when Johnny Margetts steeped onto the turf at the Emirates!!!!!!!!

Even I wasn’t born then, although I arrived by the end of that year!!

Ah, I thought you were a bit older than you are, sorry for that!

I only meant to say that there had been a louder response at that game (Vs Newcastle) than the goal scored Vs Ipswich which I also witnessed first hand and it was a very, very good moment to be a City fan!

I am not ashamed to say that I shed tears after that goal went in.

Last edited by a moderator: