Cisse | Page 4 | Vital Football

Cisse

Where do you get two years from OM? Have I forgotten a whole season? Admittedly he was gash for a lot of last season. I think in a front three with Remy and Barfa he will come good again. If he doesn't, then I will admit you're right OM. Which will stick in the throat a bit.....

Well it's nearly 2 years. We're only 3 month off.

I do too hope it comes good but Remy is off at the end of the season so any partnership built up leaves us back at square one. I also believe that had we another 2 good strikers at the club (which we should have) people wouldn't be hanging on to Cisse like he's an ex girlfriend who dumped you.

ManxMag - 18/9/2013 11:05

Where do you get two years from OM? Have I forgotten a whole season? Admittedly he was gash for a lot of last season. I think in a front three with Remy and Barfa he will come good again. If he doesn't, then I will admit you're right OM. Which will stick in the throat a bit.....

Every game where he was forced to play right wing because Pardew didn't have the balls to tell Ba where to play, should be struck from the records.

Platinii, that is a lot of the problem, footballers today say I can only play in one position. What about manning up and getting down and muddy?

Please dont put me out on the wing doesnt cut it when you are paid vast sums of cash to perform.

It's a valid point when you dont have any of the attributes to play out wide,its the same as picking Sissoko out there.
I've stayed out of the Cisse debate so far but heres my two pennysworth.OM's opinions not changed from day one,he's not rated him so cant be villified for having that opinion.
I honestly dont know what my opinion is of him anymore,he looked fantastic in a team set out to attack and made some wonderful runs for goals in his first season,Stoke home & Swansea Away spring to mind.
Last season,asked to lead the line in a team set out to contain, he looked like a fish out of water.
Theres certainly an element of not playing to his strengths with a lack of creativity hindering him but he's not handled the pressure of being the only striker well.He's fluffed a lot of chances as if knowing he's the only one to score goals.Is it strange that he scored a hatful when he had Ba sharing the burdon? Probably not.
Confidence is probably a massive thing aswell.To me it looks like Cisse is the type who needs an arm round the shoulder & have his ego massaged.Something that Keegan was brilliant at,is Pardew that type of manager? I think not.
If you look at his goals at Freiburg,a lot of them came from him laying the ball off wide & arriving in the box to finish off moves.How often have we seen him do that here?
I think he's destined to be one of those players who for one reason or another is just so infuriating.When he has everything going his way he's unstoppable but if the dice aren't loaded in his favour he'll struggle.

Thats probably a fair assessment, on his day with a fair wind he is unstoppable, but turn it on its head, does he have the bollocks to perform, seems not.

The flip side is, if you have a bloke who can score goals like he does set up for that. Does Pardew have the tactical nouse to get HBA and Cisse performing together? I fucking hope so because if they get an understanding, the sky is the limit.

ManxMag - 18/9/2013 12:07

Did you think he was shit in his first season as well?

I thought he scored some wonderful goals... Worldies... but apart from that he offered very little.

I agree we need to play to his strengths but come on, he's not a child here. He's a pro footballer and should have a certain amount of flexibility in being able to adapt to different game plans.

PM has it pretty much spot on. I do also believe that if we had another 2 half decent strikers then this thread would not have even been started. People are clutching on to him because he's the only thing left. As I say, it's like a girlfriend who you can't stop leaving you. You hang on to every bit of hope that one day she'll turn around and come back.

Officemonkey - 17/9/2013 20:17

Thing is Rex. Cole had speed, vision and excellent movement. I haven't seen any of that since Cisse came. He's hit a few wonder goals and very, very little else.

Ps Rza, you seem to know an awful lot about me, hold quite a strong opinion, replied quite a bit and know a lot about what I've posted for someone who scrolls past my posts. Just saying like.

Where did I say Cisse was world class?? Lol at Cole had vision, you must have been a starry eyed little kid watching him. Awful lot about you? Maybe you shouldn't talk so much shit on facebook as well as here.

I love how he goes into little details and suggesting Cisse offers 'very little' apart from goals. Yet dreamboat can't tackle without getting booked, doesn't even want to be here, is fucking useless even when he does turn up and doesn't score or create goals either. But that's all ignored because Mr ImAlways Right doesn't like to admit he's wrong. I'll enjoy watching him deny it even when Cisse starts scoring again and Cabaye fucks off somewhere that appreciates bottlers.

Rza - 19/9/2013 13:01

Thing is Rex. Cole had speed, vision and excellent movement. I haven't seen any of that since Cisse came. He's hit a few wonder goals and very, very little else.

Ps Rza, you seem to know an awful lot about me, hold quite a strong opinion, replied quite a bit and know a lot about what I've posted for someone who scrolls past my posts. Just saying like.

Where did I say Cisse was world class?? Lol at Cole had vision, you must have been a starry eyed little kid watching him. Awful lot about you? Maybe you shouldn't talk so much shit on facebook as well as here.

Agree about the vision. Cole was like a blinkered horse, and his running was one dimensional. He luckily had great service from Beardsley and then from the wings at Man United.

Shove Cissé in either of those two set ups and he would thrive. It's no coincidence that Cole came nowhere near Shearers number of goals in spite of his talent. Once he left and went to a club with a more regular attack set up, his goal scoring slowed right down.

Platinii - 19/9/2013 13:21

Rza - 19/9/2013 13:01

Agree about the vision. Cole was like a blinkered horse, and his running was one dimensional. He luckily had great service from Beardsley and then from the wings at Man United.

Shove Cissé in either of those two set ups and he would thrive. It's no coincidence that Cole came nowhere near Shearers number of goals in spite of his talent. Once he left and went to a club with a more regular attack set up, his goal scoring slowed right down.

Like Ian Wright, with Bergkamp playing alongside him he scored for fun but both him and Cole hadn't the game for international football.

Officemonkey - 19/9/2013 13:39

So then are we agreeing that this thread would never have been started if Cisse wasn't our only 'striker'?

He has a certain style of play. He can't hold the ball up and run past players or create out of nothing like Ba, Rooney, Van Persie etc. He's more like Cole, in that he's a goal scorer not an all round striker. He needs service.

So you either play him with those around him who can give him that, or you don't bother. Playing him on the wing was one of the single most idiotic decisions I've ever seen. That we sold Ba and had no replacement who could fit that role, is completely down to the powers that be.

It seems many are demanding the limitations in Cissé's game disappear, so that he can paper over the cracks of the inept management of our attack over the last year by the club.

Oh don't get me wrong Plats I agree that we need to play to his strengths. But by completely playing the way he wants will it be to a detriment of Remy and Ben Arfa?

It's all down to the management as Cisse should be an option... not an only choice.

Officemonkey - 19/9/2013 16:04

Oh don't get me wrong Plats I agree that we need to play to his strengths. But by completely playing the way he wants will it be to a detriment of Remy and Ben Arfa?

It's all down to the management as Cisse should be an option... not an only choice.

By playing to his strengths is also playing to the strengths of the team, but maybe we could do better with Remy as the main striker to be fed, and someone else alongside him? If so, why buy Cissé for £10million?

There's no joined up thinking at all as to the approach of who we buy and why, and even less of it when deciding who plays where.

If you play Cissé you have to play to his strengths, otherwise you are limiting yourself. (We've already seen that). If you decide otherwise then you drop him, or more sensibly you get rid of him.

Ba was an out and out centre forward with physical presence and did a good job for us. Far better at coping up front than Cisse.
Why should Ba be happy playing on the wing.

The pressure is on now as Parsnip says in an interview that Cisse's place isn't in doubt.

Why mention it then?

http://www.thejournal.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/alan-pardew-stick-mis-firing-papiss-6068178

Toon_NoMatterWot - 20/9/2013 09:49

The pressure is on now as Parsnip says in an interview that Cisse's place isn't in doubt.

Why mention it then?

http://www.thejournal.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/alan-pardew-stick-mis-firing-papiss-6068178

Why the hell would you tell the media all this? This is stuff that stays inside the club.

And why would you say a players place is not under threat? It's one of a manager's strongest weapons to say that there is competition for every place. That's one thing that keeps players on their toes.

I don't think he has ever done a press conference where I haven't screwed my face up and rolled my eyes.

The man is just a rent-a-quote gobshìte with no real managerial awareness. He's an imbecile.

Toon_NoMatterWot - 20/9/2013 09:49

Why mention it then?

This one is brilliant...

Out of open play we’ve probably scored as many as anyone out of the top three or four.”

We've scored three goals all season. Man City scored three(?) in open play in an hour, against us. They've scored four others since that match.

Arsenal have scored 8. Were they all penalties and free kicks?Liverpool have scored five. Were they all free kicks?

At the bottom of the table, The Mackems have scored the same as us. Were they all from open play?

He really is a tìt.