Christopher | Vital Football

Christopher

BlockD

Vital Squad Member
Staff member
An hour has gone,you`ve been down to 10 men since the 35th minute,you have one sub left and are desperately defending a 1-0 lead.The genius that is our manager,decides to take off a full back,and bring on a striker,we go on to win the game 2-0.

For those constantly moaning at our manager and his substitutions,put that in your pipe and smoke it

With 5 at the back we always have the chance of going to a four, and putting Billy on just gave them something to worry about at their end. Just logical, cute management, but how often do you see a manager do it..?

It was totally the correct decision. We were defending like lions but had no outlet, no relief from the pressure because e were getting no respite as there was no one to work to, no one to work with despite McGoldrick's best efforts.

That was also a great decision as he is the one player who can drop deep , hold the ball up and give the under pressure midfielders the opportunity to break forward.

In comparison Hogan is like a plank, the ball bounces off him, his first touch is so poor and he was never going to be any use in the 2nd half. That substitution , rather than putting an extra defender on, as many would, was common sense.

Bringing Billy on was brave and ultimately effective .

An hour has gone,you`ve been down to 10 men since the 35th minute,you have one sub left and are desperately defending a 1-0 lead.The genius that is our manager,decides to take off a full back,and bring on a striker,we go on to win the game 2-0.

For those constantly moaning at our manager and his substitutions,put that in your pipe and smoke it
The moaners are probably some of those that stay and clap when we've won yet slag the club and everyone in it when we dunt win.I bet TUFTY's delighted to know his decisions last neet were approved by the stayaway hotelier.:giggle: See ya'll laters,i've a medical appointment in a bit and i dunt wanna be late.UTCB

I couldn't care less about what CW thinks about me, I'm not that insecure, not a me,me look at me and my self anointed TB status.:blah::blah:

Trust the medics get to the bottom of your case

D'you know what - I was cursing his tactics for most of the match last night - I couldn't believe we needed to sit so deep and hand all the initiative to Brentford. I ranted and raved about it for most of the second half, until the second goal went it, and then I shut up and decided that CW is a genius :bow::grinning:

I couldn't care less about what CW thinks about me, I'm not that insecure, not a me,me look at me and my self anointed TB status.:blah::blah:

Trust the medics get to the bottom of your case
:LOL: One thing's certain no one can look at thee at BDBL can they Mr Secure.:giggle: Self anointed? I've told thi several times I got a True BLADE sticker for gerrin a season ticket(Every season since the late 60's) nowt self anointed abart it,TRUE BLADES are at the Lane it sez.:yes: TRUE BLADES RULE.UTCB

D'you know what - I was cursing his tactics for most of the match last night - I couldn't believe we needed to sit so deep and hand all the initiative to Brentford. I ranted and raved about it for most of the second half, until the second goal went it, and then I shut up and decided that CW is a genius :bow::grinning:
If we hadn’t sat so deep Brentford would have had a field day aya they would easily have exploited the space we would have created by moving further up the pitch they are the best side I’ve seen at moving the ball about other than us

:LOL: One thing's certain no one can look at thee at BDBL can they Mr Secure.:giggle: Self anointed? I've told thi several times I got a True BLADE sticker for gerrin a season ticket(Every season since the late 60's) nowt self anointed abart it,TRUE BLADES are at the Lane it sez.:yes: TRUE BLADES RULE.UTCB
Everybody got one,fair enough.

No one else shouts about it all day everyday though.:clap:

If we hadn’t sat so deep Brentford would have had a field day aya they would easily have exploited the space we would have created by moving further up the pitch they are the best side I’ve seen at moving the ball about other than us
I thought they more than matched us with their passing even before the sending off. I was impressed with their corner kick routines. Good side!!

That dynamic changed slightly when Billy came on, at least we had an out ball, had we have stuck with what we had, for sure Brentford would have scored eventually. Credit must go to CW/AK and the players who battled evey minute to the very end to get something out of the Game. By Christ was it a relief when Didzy got the second............

I think I was more frustrated at having driven 3 hours in torrential rain - to see us put 10 men behind the ball Bully - I didn't think it was necessary to surrender so much ground to them - they were good, but they weren't that good.

I felt it was a bit of a gamble, because had we conceded, we would have really struggled to get back onto the front foot and find another goal.

However, what do I know :shrug: - more than happy with the result :clap:

That dynamic changed slightly when Billy came on, at least we had an out ball, had we have stuck with what we had, for sure Brentford would have scored eventually. Credit must go to CW/AK and the players who battled evey minute to the very end to get something out of the Game. By Christ was it a relief when Didzy got the second............
Not much tho when we defended we sat deep to squeeze the space and they still managed to pick a few holes through us but people threw themselves at everything and pretty much denied them a glance at goal bar the odd one but as you say with the front two on we did get out a bit more we actually created 3 good chances 2nd half more than we did in the 1st with 11 men all in all I’d put it up there as one of our best displays but for differing reasons

I think I was more frustrated at having driven 3 hours in torrential rain - to see us put 10 men behind the ball Bully - I didn't think it was necessary to surrender so much ground to them - they were good, but they weren't that good.

I felt it was a bit of a gamble, because had we conceded, we would have really struggled to get back onto the front foot and find another goal.

I dunt think Tufty had much option after Madine went for the early bath Monte.They were cuttin through us when we had 11 men,i thought they moved the ball brilliantly at times but thankfully their shootin was off target most of the neet. A wonderful result cos mek no mistake them Bees are a dangerous side especially at home. Millers have just gone in front again 2-1 at QPR 95th minute,hope they can do us a favor on Satdi.Norwich back on top after beatin Hull 3-2,Scousers beatin Bayern 3-1. Preston beat Boro 2-1 UTCB

Aya, I disagree, we made them look bad by giving them the ground but less space to get past us. Didn't enjoy the game (as Sincliar always asked us to do) but I always enjoy a result for us....the game gets better and better in my mind as I think of the match.