Christmas F##### then | Vital Football

Christmas F##### then

I think it was kind of inevitable and will probably save many lives. Glad that the decision has been made that my mum can't come. None of us had to make it and its the right things for her.

The stupid thing is should have made it earlier and be stronger with it. Whilst the clown uses the terms "consider carefully" the medical experts say things like "I would unpack the bag".

We need real leadership in these situation not wishy washy Boris who didn't even seem to know that shielding was stopped months ago.

We just need to get through this especially with Vaccines available imminently , lock the country down (properly for the first time) and lets crush the spread.

Just me and the Mrs

Kids and Grandkids gutted and lots of tears over the phone so far

Yep. Could have done this a few days ago when Starmer was asking for it and was belittled. We've all gone out and spent money to have our 'Merry Little Christmas' only to have another last minute u-turn.
I suspect the police are going to get an awful lot of angry phone calls from rule following residents watching cars parking up at the neighbours!

Yep. Could have done this a few days ago when Starmer was asking for it and was belittled. We've all gone out and spent money to have our 'Merry Little Christmas' only to have another last minute u-turn.
I suspect the police are going to get an awful lot of angry phone calls from rule following residents watching cars parking up at the neighbours!
If Boris had shut all the shops 3 days ago and banned Christmas, he would have been wrong, and Starmer would have lead the charge, he is such a slim bag, always looking for political gain out of other peoples hardship.

If Boris had shut all the shops 3 days ago and banned Christmas, he would have been wrong, and Starmer would have lead the charge, he is such a slim bag, always looking for political gain out of other peoples hardship.
Omg. You are embarrassing yourself now with doubling down your support of this utterly useless jerk "running" our country. This isn't hindsight any more. F'ing obvious what decision shouls have been made daysago. Same as the refusual to do the circuit breaker back in Sept/Oct.

What do you suggest any opposition leader of any party should have been saying over the last 8 months? It appears that it is impossible to make any constructuve criticism without being accused of politicking.

Your support of Johnson would be like me saying Corbyn was a magnificent leader of the Labour party. Open your eyes.

I agree with the government's latest decision, albeit late as usual.

Johnson, once again too little too late. When it comes to making real decisions he's been found out again.

What are all you apologists going to say about this and if it all goes reels of cotton tomorrow over Brexit?
The likes of Nitram will continue to defend him, somehow. Whatever the result of Brexit, it's supporters will hail it as a success. Emperor's new clothes.

What do you suggest any opposition leader of any party should have been saying over the last 8 months? It appears that it is impossible to make any constructuve criticism without being accused of politicking.
If you think Starmer is being constructive I feel sorry for you, last week there were protests in London saying tier 3 was being too heavy handed and Boris was wrong.
As for the fire break, didn't Wales Scotland and NI try that without success. the Virus has mutated, and is now 70% more virulent, that information has only just been released by Portadown.

If you think Starmer is being constructive I feel sorry for you, last week there were protests in London saying tier 3 was being too heavy handed and Boris was wrong.
As for the fire break, didn't Wales Scotland and NI try that without success. the Virus has mutated, and is now 70% more virulent, that information has only just been released by Portadown.
Your first paragraph doesn't make sense as an attempted criticism of Starmer. Lockdowns have worked in as much as without them the spread would be even worse.

You've just argued against Johnson's latest decision if that is what you think. I agree with the lockdown. Do you? Is Johnson now wrong?

My criticism of this latest U-turn is that it was obvious he'd need to do this days ago and he slagged iff Starmer for suggesting so just 3 days ago.

Your first paragraph doesn't make sense as an attempted criticism of Starmer. Lockdowns have worked in as much as without them the spread would be even worse.

You've just argued against Johnson's latest decision if that is what you think. I agree with the lockdown. Do you? Is Johnson now wrong?

My criticism of this latest U-turn is that it was obvious he'd need to do this days ago and he slagged iff Starmer for suggesting so just 3 days ago.
58, I can say nothing that you will except, you are so far left nothing Boris does would ever be right for you.

It’s interesting and miserable to think that’s this world-beating ‘Medway Mutation’ has led to all of us ripping up our Christmas plans. I was hoping to get back to the parents (13 days after first getting symptoms) but now it looks like Turkey Dinosaurs for Christmas. The new strain is worrying though.

I see MoD releasing photos of soldiers under the Rainham End carrying out the ‘non-symptomatic Covid walk-in’ tests.

It’s interesting and miserable to think that’s this world-beating ‘Medway Mutation’ has led to all of us ripping up our Christmas plans. I was hoping to get back to the parents (13 days after first getting symptoms) but now it looks like Turkey Dinosaurs for Christmas. The new strain is worrying though.

I see MoD releasing photos of soldiers under the Rainham End carrying out the ‘non-symptomatic Covid walk-in’ tests.
Interestingly, after hearing the only way to beat the virus was "test test test", I saw a scientist on tv today saying testing is no good, the only way to beat the virus is a lockdown. Honestly, I think I'll give up, so much conflicting advice 🙄