Chorley in our cup | Page 2 | Vital Football

Chorley in our cup

Four months ago we were in the top two form teams of the Championship for this calendar year with a bright future ahead of us. Now we are at the foot of league one and there are genuine concerns we could get turned over at home by a club at the foot of national league one.
So depressing. You could not make it up

I think we won 3-1 and Micky Moore scored and i ran onto the pitch to pat him on the back, as i was working with him at the time.

The score was 3-0 in 77/78 and was played at their ground. We went on to play York in round 1 and won 1-0

We also played them in the cup in the second qualifying round, again away and won 5-1

The only other time we played them in the cup was in the 4th qualifying round back in 47/48 again away but this time losing to them 3-1

I have been able to find the scores but not the scorers, but will continue to search.

Edit:

Scorers were, Moore, Gore, and Ward

Last edited:
The score was 3-0 in 77/78 and was played at their ground. We went on to play York in round 1 and won 1-0

We also played them in the cup in the second qualifying round, again away and won 5-1

The only other time we played them in the cup was in the 4th qualifying round back in 47/48 again away but this time losing to them 3-1

I have been able to find the scores but not the scorers, but will continue to search.

Edit:

Must have been 4th qualifying round

26 Nov 1977 Wigan Athletic v York City 1-0 Wigan Athletic v Sheffield Wednesday 1-0 Birmingham City v Wigan Athletic 4-0

Edit:

Thanks for that info, at the time we thought we had Won the FA Cup,
not realising that one day we would win it.

Mr Tickle as our sub goalie - genius -
he'll save everything with then long arms 🤣
Good to see Gav get a game against his natural level opposition 😉