Chorley in our cup | Page 13 | Vital Football

Chorley in our cup

It was never a red for me.
Quite a distance from goal and his path was taking him away from goal so he had to cut inside which would have brought him straight in to the path of Obi.
Still had too much to do in order for that to be considered a goal scoring opportunity for me

That said, it was naive from Long. No need to make the challenge and had he waited till he was in the area it wouldn't have been a red as it was a genuine attempt for the ball

I’ve just watched the challenge again on the bbc website - it was a nailed on red. The ref got it spot on.
Their guy wasn’t moving away from goal at all and Obi was too far away to be providing any sort of cover

I agree with you 100% here !

Up to 44mins midfield were keeping possession and Wigan controlled the game .

All he needed to do was to keep same team and re-arrange it, keeping the Perry/Merrie midfield partnership and dropping Massey back to defence.

As for doing a substitution 1 min before half time ? That is completely baffling to me - I think Sheridan panicked and it cost us the game !

Agreed.....we sat back from that point and let them run the game.

T(w)oo up, Two down...(circa 82/82?) - swiftly followed by Three down - same band.

Followed by Chorley chanting 'fantastic day's 🤔😉

Unfortunately, Sheridan is definitely not "Nobody's Fool" ................... but breaking away from the band and going solo, it's definitely been a "Blue hat for Blue day".

Sheridan gives the impression through his body language and interviews that the job is not and too big for him.
Sadly not the man to start the rebuilding of the club that has now reached rock bottom.
Need the new owners in place as a matter of emergency.
Maybe Jay can contact the EFL for an interview as it starting to look as the EFL have an agenda against the club.

Sheridan gives the impression through his body language and interviews that the job is not and too big for him.
Sadly not the man to start the rebuilding of the club that has now reached rock bottom.
Need the new owners in place as a matter of emergency.
Maybe Jay can contact the EFL for an interview as it starting to look as the EFL have an agenda against the club.

Yep, he isn’t the man to rebuild this club and move it forward. The worrying thing is we aren’t even at that stage yet, but nor is he the man to lead us through this period of turbulence.

The efl need to make a decision one way or another, if it’s a no then just say so. Administrators can then either seek a new buyer or close us down and if it’s the latter we need to take it on the chin and move on. Either way anything is better than this purgatory we find ourselves in.

as it starting to look as the EFL have an agenda against the club.
Agree with the content here town but "starting" is a massive understatement.
It's clear that the EFL are putting the remaining shell of our club through the wringer for highlighting their incompetence and having the temerity to challenge them legally.
Being made to play kids week in week out whilst allowing other clubs to call games off if their first team players are unavailable being the latest "one rule for us" example

Embarrassing defeat that after being in complete control of the game and playing well in general for 40 mins. Obviously the sending off has then completely changed the game.
I haven't seen any replays but for me as soon as the foul occurred I was immediately worried it could be a red as imo it was a 50 50 call for the ref to send him off or not.

Obviously the lads out on the pitch have to take responsibility for what happened today,but for me so does Sheridan.Because the decision to take Merrie off was absolutely ridiculous and nonsensical.We were controlling the cm with Merrie and Perry and there was no need whatsoever to change that area.Surely as we are 2-0 up we sacrifice 1 of the attacking wide players. He didn't even need to make a sub,just drop Massey back to RB and James goes across to CB. Gardener has been poor centrally this season,but has been playing much better out wide in recent games,so he should've stayed there.As soon as Merrie went off we had no bite and lost control of the cm.

I'm angry at the way Sheridan just blamed the young lads after the game. Yes they have to learn quickly and take some responsibility,but so does he as that ludicrous sub straight after the red has contributed to that shocking defeat imo.

I am quite alarmed and concerned about his tactical and personnel decisions in the MK, Northampton and Chorley games and would have no problems whatsoever if the new owners wanted to bring in their own man.

Hopefully we get some much needed good news regarding the takeover next week because one way or the other those ***** at the EFL have to make a decision!

I agree Roy, he wasn't. Garner had a poor day, and Gardner just isn't up to it. With Massey though, he should have been running the show today. His ability should have shown him to be head and shoulders above most of the rest of the players out there today.

Sadly, that wasn't the case.

Hard to see how he should be running the show when he spent the majority of the game at full back after the sending off. Apart from Reece James I've never really seen a full back running the show.

Hard to see how he should be running the show when he spent the majority of the game at full back after the sending off. Apart from Reece James I've never really seen a full back running the show.

Do you think Massey played RB Roy. I thought Crankshaw went there. Maybe Massey provided cover occasionally.

Do you think Massey played RB Roy. I thought Crankshaw went there. Maybe Massey provided cover occasionally.
Initially Crankshaw went there then within about 5 or 10 mins they swapped. Hard to tell with that poxy new camera angle.

I know how Chorley fans will be feeling like today, they will be over the moon to beat a 'big' League Club away in the FA Cup and can't wait for the next draw.

It's how i used to feel when we was in the NPL and we beat a League Club in the FA Cup.

Embarrassing defeat that after being in complete control of the game and playing well in general for 40 mins. Obviously the sending off has then completely changed the game.
I haven't seen any replays but for me as soon as the foul occurred I was immediately worried it could be a red as imo it was a 50 50 call for the ref to send him off or not.

Obviously the lads out on the pitch have to take responsibility for what happened today,but for me so does Sheridan.Because the decision to take Merrie off was absolutely ridiculous and nonsensical.We were controlling the cm with Merrie and Perry and there was no need whatsoever to change that area.Surely as we are 2-0 up we sacrifice 1 of the attacking wide players. He didn't even need to make a sub,just drop Massey back to RB and James goes across to CB. Gardener has been poor centrally this season,but has been playing much better out wide in recent games,so he should've stayed there.As soon as Merrie went off we had no bite and lost control of the cm.

I'm angry at the way Sheridan just blamed the young lads after the game. Yes they have to learn quickly and take some responsibility,but so does he as that ludicrous sub straight after the red has contributed to that shocking defeat imo.

I am quite alarmed and concerned about his tactical and personnel decisions in the MK, Northampton and Chorley games and would have no problems whatsoever if the new owners wanted to bring in their own man.

Hopefully we get some much needed good news regarding the takeover next week because one way or the other those ***** at the EFL have to make a decision!

You have summed up today absolutely spot on !

Crankshaw was RB until about mid way through the 2nd half. Chorley were all over us till then,but as soon as he swapped with Massey and moved further forward to his favoured position on the RW,at least we then had an outlet as he was one of our main attacking threats in the 2nd half.
He should've been bought on imo on the RW as our 1st sub in the last 25 mins.

I would have settled for Massey playing right back and running at all

Exactly
Crankshaw was RB until about mid way through the 2nd half. Chorley were all over us till then,but as soon as he swapped with Massey and moved further forward to his favoured position on the RW,at least we then had an outlet as he was one of our main attacking threats in the 2nd half.
He should've been bought on imo on the RW as our 1st sub in the last 25 mins.
Exactly - Crankshaw showed Massey in 15 mins what he should have been doing all game once they swapped

I know how Chorley fans will be feeling like today, they will be over the moon to beat a 'big' League Club away in the FA Cup and can't wait for the next draw.

It's how i used to feel when we was in the NPL and we beat a League Club in the FA Cup.
Yes we were giant killers many times but never from 2nil down at a league one club.