Chixy's Photo Comps | Vital Football

Chixy's Photo Comps

Chix

Vital Champions League
Here's one I dug up for you .. Take a look and see if you can guess the identity

Attachments

• ZZZZ- kokko.jpg
    ZZZZ- kokko.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 0
Jimsmithswig - 16/10/2013 12:10

pre season friendly against Havant, could one of about 100 trialists if Redknapp was involved

Correct fixture JSW .. but not a Redknapp trialist on this occasion

storagematt - 16/10/2013 12:41

Reminds me of the swede striker Svennson that was with 1999 era.

No not him Matt .. Mathias .. was that the guy you were thinking of ?

We had Mathias Svensson but that kit is what c2003(ish) so wouldnt have been him, we also had Sven Andreasson was it lat(ish) 90s?

I will kick myself when told who it is, or someone gets it...

pompeyrug - 16/10/2013 13:01

We had Mathias Svensson but that kit is what c2003(ish) so wouldnt have been him, we also had Sven Andreasson was it lat(ish) 90s?

I will kick myself when told who it is, or someone gets it...

Oh yes you will ..

pompeyrug - 16/10/2013 13:22

Annoying me now... Is the no.4 relevant as its pre-season I am not sure the number means he is a defender?

Not going to give you too many clues just yet .. but lets say I never saw him wear No4 for Pompey (so it was a pre-season number) and his position in the photo kind suggests his position on the pitch ..

right kit lasted 2 seasons 2003-05 as its pre season we couldn't have had the away kit ready for the pre season 2003 surely so i reckon its from season 04/05 so I will go for

Eddie Howe

Jimsmithswig - 16/10/2013 14:09

right kit lasted 2 seasons 2003-05 as its pre season we couldn't have had the away kit ready for the pre season 2003 surely so i reckon its from season 04/05 so I will go for

Eddie Howe

:1: :1: :1: :1: :1: :1: :1: :1: :1: :1: :1: :1: :1: :1: :1:

I'm impressed JSW .. great deduction ... Now you watch Rug kick himself

Andy Stewart a diminutive little Scot (who drove a TR6 brought from Alexandra Motors on the corner of my Mum's Road) ... never achieved the greatness everybody expected of him...

But no not him ... but you have the era spot on .. and I wouldn't be surprised if the mystery player and Stewart played in the same team at times..

I've just checked and yes they did ... the first time they appeared together Eastneydave remembers well as he said ....

<i><b>"I remember this game for one reason, it was Peter Ellis's debut who had been at school with me - he was a lot younger! Did OK but sadly two late Duncan McKenzie goals took the shine off</b></i>

But I wonder if he remembers saying it ! :14: