Chey Dunkley | Page 2 | Vital Football

Chey Dunkley

The Championship must have some poor centre backs if Dunkley gets picked in the TOTW. ffs.
He has strengths and weaknesses, I'll grant you, but iron out the shocking mistakes, and he's normally fairly solid, and is always threatening in the other box.

So you rate him do you? Ok what are his strong points?
He's a poor mons Titus Bramble - mostly solid if unspectacular - with a shocking mistake never far away.
Titus though could ping a ball and step out in possession Dunkley can't, he must have been delighted when we signed Moore

There’s stuff going on here that sums the majority on here up beautifully.
Dunkley does well, it results in a pop at the manager.
Moore scores a goal for Wales against an international minnow, it results in a pop at the manager.
If I could be bothered spending the time on here that you miserable bastards do, I’ll wager the next pop is moments away as Gelhardt is scoring for the u18‘s against another international minnows u19’s.

get a life people

:rofl::rofl:

I disagree he's a donkey but I think the comparison to Bramble is not far wrong. He has certainly had a lot of stinkers at this level but he's also had a lot of great games too. He's inconsistent but has a lot of potential. For me much like Bramble he needs a really strong defensive coach to bring him to the next level. Before Bruce went to Newcastle there was a whisper he wanted him at Sheff Wed and I thought that would have been the perfect type of manager for him as we saw first hand that a disorganised and mistake prone defence under Hutchings and Martinez was turned into a brilliant one under Bruce.

I think Dunkley has all the natural tools to be a top player at least at Championship level if not even go further but his concentration and decision making too often slip to get there currently.

In last few games where he's had to face a lot of long balls and direct battles with strikers it's played into his strengths and not exposed the weaknesses as much so he's shown his best. I'd back Dunkley over any striker at this level in a physical battle / aerial duals - but when we play Swansea where there is likely going to be no long balls and plenty of movement is when he'll really be tested. But his 3 goals have really win him that award as if he had played just as well but not scored they probably wouldn't have noticed his good form.

I'm pleased for him, he's a diamond in the rough but I think he's certainly our best centre half and one that we need to refine rather than replace. It may be too soon to tell but it seems Dunkley and Mulgrew have formed a better partnership than any other combination we've tried this season so maybe Mulgrew is doing something to help bring out the best in Dunks.

He hasn't just been picked in the TOTW he is in fact Championship player of the month! Not bad for a so called donkey!

It clearly states in the OP, TOTW doesn't it?

If it is the team of the month then that goes a long way to strengthen my argument that there must be some very poor centre backs in the Championship if Dunkley is named in there!

If it is the team of the month then that goes a long way to strengthen my argument that there must be some very poor centre backs in the Championship if Dunkley is named in there!
It is not team of the month,it is player of the month!Donkey indeed!!:LOL:

original post was

what an numpty :rofl:

You are three weeks off the pace on this one Norm. People are replying to Lazysids post from earlier today, and it clearly states that he has been named Player of the Month. Do try to keep up.

You can butter it up all you like, he wouldn't have got any where near Player of the Month/TOTW or whatever you want to call it if it hadn't been for the goals, sticking your head on a ball from a corner or free kick every blue moon in the opposition box shouldn't merit the award.

He wouldnt have got the accolades for his Centre Half duties thats for certain.

You can butter it up all you like, he wouldn't have got any where near Player of the Month/TOTW or whatever you want to call it if it hadn't been for the goals, sticking your head on a ball from a corner or free kick every blue moon in the opposition box shouldn't merit the award.

He wouldnt have got the accolades for his Centre Half duties thats for certain.

I agree his 3 goals got him the award but this last few games he has been quite good at the back though. You've got to give credit where it's due as well as critasism.

You've proved yourself to be a poster who makes a derogatory comment on someone without checking any facts. You do not attend any matches (never replied to questions asked on this) but have plenty to complain about. Stop wasting your time.