Chesterfield fc | Vital Football

Chesterfield fc

brisimp

Vital 1st Team Regular
Has anybody noticed how well Chesterfield have done this year to previous. James Rowe has certainly made his mark having also doing well at Gloucester

Just looked at the table. Interesting to note how many ex-league clubs are up there - resurgence. That excludes Barnet who are obviously in some sort of turmoil. ☹️

Just looked at the table. Interesting to note how many ex-league clubs are up there - resurgence. That excludes Barnet who are obviously in some sort of turmoil. ☹️
Once the League dumped any notion of relegation, I think Barnet put loads of their players on furlough.

Yep, as did Kings Lynn.

Chesterfield signed a few from Gloucester, but they've been a little naughty in my opinion. They placed quite a few unwanted players on furlough, then used the freed up budget to sign more players, which, whilst not illegal, is morally wrong IMO.

I could understand if they had players out on loan at NLN/NLS teams and put those on furlough, because their leagues got cancelled and you generally shift players out on loan to create room in the budget but to put unwanted players on furlough was wrong.

Top 9 clubs in the league are ex football plus Sutton and Bromley (at the moment) . Sutton have been in the playoff places for nearly all the season , and Bromley , since changing their manager have had away 0-0 with Torquay and Stockport , won away at Halifax and Chesterfield won at home against Hartlepool and lost at home to Chesterfield . two of their last 3 the games are Notts County , home and away . For Bromley and Sutton to be competing against 7 ex league clubs for places in the EFL is something many a supporter of the clubs would have though impossibe a few years ago .

I think the gap has closed between nth and sth to conference and also conference to lge 2 then bigger gap from there on goingup the pyramid. Between each division. Also the quality has improved all the way down

Yep, as did Kings Lynn.

Chesterfield signed a few from Gloucester, but they've been a little naughty in my opinion. They placed quite a few unwanted players on furlough, then used the freed up budget to sign more players, which, whilst not illegal, is morally wrong IMO.

I could understand if they had players out on loan at NLN/NLS teams and put those on furlough, because their leagues got cancelled and you generally shift players out on loan to create room in the budget but to put unwanted players on furlough was wrong.
We could have put Archibald on furlough by that standard

Top 9 clubs in the league are ex football plus Sutton and Bromley (at the moment) . Sutton have been in the playoff places for nearly all the season , and Bromley , since changing their manager have had away 0-0 with Torquay and Stockport , won away at Halifax and Chesterfield won at home against Hartlepool and lost at home to Chesterfield . two of their last 3 the games are Notts County , home and away . For Bromley and Sutton to be competing against 7 ex league clubs for places in the EFL is something many a supporter of the clubs would have though impossibe a few years ago .

Bromley are leading at Notts County, 0-1.