Cheltenham | Page 3 | Vital Football

Cheltenham

Power’s delivery is absolutely exceptional. He was quality today. I really like how our CMs drop back when we attack with our FBs, meaning we have the numbers going forward but aren’t likely to be caught on the counter. I said before that our full backs supporting the attack would be the key to getting goals and it showed today. We should have been 3 or 4 up easily even though Cheltenham were pretty solid and caused us a few issues. Genuinely think we’re better than our Championship side from two years ago. Maybe not as flashy but incredibly solid at the back and very efficient and balanced
I completely agree. Was just thinking the same thing.

I wasn't at the game yesterday as I didn't get out of work until later than I should have. All being well I'll be there Tuesday night. From what I'm reading it sounds as if it was yet another great team performance. The scary thing is that I still don't think we have fully gelled yet. When we do we're going to be absolutely frightening.

As others have said, Tuesday will be a tough test. But then again, Accrington was supposed to be a tough test. And I wonder if Windarse will get the same reception as Joseph 🤔

Big dampener to lose Whatmough and Naylor was struggling as well, right before our biggest game of the season so far. Whatmough's was a such a shite way to get injured as well. Play was dead as the referee had blown for offside yet for some reason he kept chasing the striker and stretched to block his shot, which I assume is how he's done his hamstring. Is Jason Kerr fully fit though, because he didn't look it in midweek?

Wyke and Lang great, thank goodness the latter is tied up long term. When the time comes to sell him, we're going to make an absolute packet. Needs to work on his end product though, he should have had a hat-trick inside 30 mins.
Didn't think the ref had actually blown at that moment, it's this stupid off-side rule change where the linesman allows play to continue and then puts the flag up later instead of as it used to be.