Cheltenham striker we are supposedly interested in | Vital Football

Cheltenham striker we are supposedly interested in

PhilK66

Vital 1st Team Regular
Anyone know anything about him at first hand, not what is on internet pages? Seen him play etc ?

12 goals from 36 games last season in League Two. 5'9" and wore the number eight shirt so perhaps a winger rather than a striker.
22 years old so may be a little wet behind the ears.

Any substance to this rumour or just a random name plucked out the air!

I am sure we are looking at him as well as numerous other players - pretty random and not helpful to negotiations if posted and taken seriously

Various media websites suggest that Northampton and Plymouth are also interested. Surprised if JE is interested - not a midfielder!

PhilK66 - 4/6/2017 15:20

Various media websites suggest that Northampton and Plymouth are also interested. Surprised if JE is interested - not a midfielder!

He's only 5' 9" so that fucking idiot would mistake him for a midfielder

Another thread turns into a Justin Edinburgh bashing!

Blimey Mozzer I'm not one to bear a grudge but I've not forgiven Neale Cooper yet.

Sorry Mozzer, I know you admired his tenure but the slide ultimately started under him.

Fucking useless shite excuse for a manager. Training three days a week?! Ffs xxx

Just asked a few mates who are season ticket holders at Cheltenham. Will be gutted if he goes, as they feel like he carried the team a lot last season, pacey, knows where to find the net. Can honestly see him being a gem in a higher league and will no doubt show he's ability more with better players around him. Can create a goal out of nothing, hard worker who doesn't stop running. Would be many teams after him. Although the only source we have is gillsconnect so we're probably not in for him.

I have found several articles linking him with Northampton, Lincoln, Plymouth, not one (apart from Gills connect) linking him with us. There would be a fee involved because of his age, so that alone could deter any interest from us.

Luke Norris, Brennan Dickenson, Antonio German were all signed with compensation/undisclosed fees. (Max Ehmer had a year left on his deal when he joined, not sure if we paid anything towards him).
Before those Adam Barrett, Leon Legge & Myles Weston look like the last ones we spent fees on.

It's a bit of a lie that we never spend money on players, we do it's just never disclosed

For out of contract players there is still a fee, it is the signing on fee. Agents push as hard as they can for the most money, so the get a bigger cut. This could be the delay with Cody and Parker.

RazorC - 5/6/2017 10:03

Luke Norris, Brennan Dickenson, Antonio German were all signed with compensation/undisclosed fees. (Max Ehmer had a year left on his deal when he joined, not sure if we paid anything towards him).
Before those Adam Barrett, Leon Legge & Myles Weston look like the last ones we spent fees on.

It's a bit of a lie that we never spend money on players, we do it's just never disclosed

Barrett and Weston were definitely free transfers, I remember MA laughing about it in an interview.