Chelsea v NUFC | Page 4 | Vital Football

Chelsea v NUFC

Howe thought they played well, i did not see that.
Treading water keeping with Howe.
He has had injuries but he has not helped playing injured players and not rotating when he could.
Howe as I have said has done a good job up to a point but thats about as good as he will get. Need a change to progress further imo.
It's hard to see him replicate that 4th place finish again let alone better it. We will know more next season because we won't have Europe

You can't use the injuries excuse when the injuries are your own fault. He's literally admitted himself they've made mistakes. My issue is he is not learning from them. We are still getting ridiculous injuries and he is STILL playing players who are either injured or unfit. As for the extra games - they had 2 windows to rectify the squad problems and done nothing instead filling positions that didn't need filled. Plus the fact our defence is shocking and showing no signs of improving. Maybe we need more cover for our defenders? He refuses to change the formation. We are the most predictable team in the Premier league. Howe deserves next season but if we see more of this by Christmas he'll be sacked before the January window.

I agree with most of what youve written but when a squad gets thrown the Tonali card and has flukey random injuries like Harvey Barnes, Murphy and Nick Pope's dislocated shoulders, then you can't really plan for that. In Pope particularly, I think he's been the biggest miss of the lot.

As for the transfer windows, you could argue that it's out of Howe's hands but not to have had at least one more striker in is a massive own goal although there is the FFP stench lingering in the background there.

I agree with most of what youve written but when a squad gets thrown the Tonali card and has flukey random injuries like Harvey Barnes, Murphy and Nick Pope's dislocated shoulders, then you can't really plan for that. In Pope particularly, I think he's been the biggest miss of the lot.

As for the transfer windows, you could argue that it's out of Howe's hands but not to have had at least one more striker in is a massive own goal although there is the FFP stench lingering in the background there.
To be honest with you I think the Tonali suspension and the other injuries (which are in Howe's control) are a very convenient excuse for him to use this season. I genuinely don't think we would be much better of even with those players, possibly a few points better off but not many league positions. I think the transfer window hit us much harder than the injuries did. I've said it before we would not have seen Miley this season if it wasn't for injuries/suspension. Everyone knew we needed a goal scorer and that's what's cost us points. Ignoring all of this - when was the last English manager to win a major trophy. All elite teams even the not so elite teams in the PL go for foreign coaches. Can't see this changing unless Eddie Howe is something very special which I don't think he is.

Turning the squad around at the start was quite special.

Which squad players could have been used to avoid the injuries?

Turning the squad around at the start was quite special.

Which squad players could have been used to avoid the injuries?
The 8-0 was special. The win against PSG was special. I'm not talking about special moments I'm talking about a special coach. You know, like Bobby Robson.

Squad players? Could have used the same squad players he used AFTER he got the injuries. He was reactive not proactive.

Turning the squad from a relegation bound team to a one which is competing for a Champions league place is a sign of a special coach.

If he had used those players, the results may have been worse. When he was forced, the players used didn't do much overall.