Chelsea v NUFC | Page 3 | Vital Football

Chelsea v NUFC

Well, that's one win in 20 now when we have been on Monday night football in the Premier. 1 win 3 draws and 16 defeats. Was it the Boomtown Rats that said 'I don't like Mondays' ?

Plenty of points left to play for with only Spurs at home and Man Utd away out of the top 6 left to face although that generally means nowt in the run in aside from us having the pressure off.

I have no interest in qualifying for the lower European competitions and dont think we'll get there although we're currently only 3 points off a place with the team occupying that spot being our next game at St James in just under 3 weeks in West Ham with possibly a few injured players back.

Howe post match said he thought they attacked well, just the final ball and not getting enough bodies in the box, and there were defensive mistakes that need looking at.
How many times has he said that, same old same old.
Burn ok but Gordon injury could be more serious

You have to wonder what the Saudis make of it all. The medical team and sports science side needs looking at because of all the injuries, as does training methods. Afraid I'm thinking Eddie has taken it as far as he can.

LIvramento was the only one who showed the real desire and commitment.
Two wingers Almiron and Gordon never threatened, Isak isolated, Longstaffe hopeless and the defence a shambles.
Too many people carried away by a win against a depleted Wolves.
Something not right with our medical team and our training methods.
A weeks training which Howe has said is neeeded and they put in a performance like that. Unacceptable and for all his credit Howe and company need looking at.
The U21's lost 7-1 to chelsea so so much for our youngsters

Gordon wasn't fit from the start last night. It restricted his tracking back and the tackles he received only made it worse. He got little protection from the ref and the physio who came on the pitch and bent his leg has probably finished his season.

Gordon wasn't fit from the start last night. It restricted his tracking back and the tackles he received only made it worse. He got little protection from the ref and the physio who came on the pitch and bent his leg has probably finished his season.
What idiot so called physio 'does this hurt?' As he shatters his knee

A couple of observations from my side. With all of Howe's much vaunted skills in improving players - what has he done with Botman? He looks awful in all respects. Like a poor mans Bramble right now.

As for the keeper, my old granny would have saved that first Chelsea goal. The flick from Jackson (I think it was Jackson) just brought it closer to him.

You have to wonder what the Saudis make of it all. The medical team and sports science side needs looking at because of all the injuries, as does training methods. Afraid I'm thinking Eddie has taken it as far as he can.

It's been reported today that there's no pressure on Howe, even if we don't make Europe as the owners see the injury problems as being the main reason why we have stuttered and I agree.

Context has also got to be given in where they thought we would be under Howe in season 3 and last season's miracle can't change that thoughttrain.

I would give next season and then assess if we are backtracking but as things stand we can't be accused as overachieving with a full squad one season and then under performing the next with loads of injuries. It's so short sighted.

For someone who is so obsessed with sports science, howe looks like he's playing injured players. Personally I'd play the youngsters against City because let's be honest we're gonna get hammered and even if we don't it's delaying the inevitable even further. Genuinely think we have zero chance against man City but you just know it'll be the exact same 11 as last night bar Gordon. Howe does not rest players it's getting ridiculous now and Dan Burn will be at left back again. So predictable, most teams release their teams news an hour before kick off. The whole world knows our team a week in advance

It's been reported today that there's no pressure on Howe, even if we don't make Europe as the owners see the injury problems as being the main reason why we have stuttered and I agree.

Context has also got to be given in where they thought we would be under Howe in season 3 and last season's miracle can't change that thoughttrain.

I would give next season and then assess if we are backtracking but as things stand we can't be accused as overachieving with a full squad one season and then under performing the next with loads of injuries. It's so short sighted.
We will see tnmw, I hope I'm wrong.

I just read somewhere that Howe and tindall were both screaming at Gordon for not tracking gusto for the first goal. (In front of Gareth Southgate). Now why would Gordon not do this? Simple answer he was already injured at that stage. He literally couldn't fucking run. Now for anyone who has been using the "fatigue" excuse most of the season (as if not changing the team isn't enough) here's more proof that Howe will happily play an unfit or injured player rather than rest them and put someone else in the team. It will prove to be his downfall because, between that and not dropping his favourite players I think he's gonna get himself sacked. He doesn't change anything, personnel, formation, tactics. Nothing and he's proved he is willing to sacrifice a players fitness for this. Let's also remember matches aren't even 90 minutes any more they are much longer.

Monday night I reckon Howe took his favourites off before the end because he thought the game was over at 3:1. Then Murphy scored and I am certain he would have put his main boys back on if he was allowed.

Howe thought they played well, i did not see that.
Treading water keeping with Howe.
He has had injuries but he has not helped playing injured players and not rotating when he could.
Howe as I have said has done a good job up to a point but thats about as good as he will get. Need a change to progress further imo.

Howe thought they played well, i did not see that.
Treading water keeping with Howe.
He has had injuries but he has not helped playing injured players and not rotating when he could.
Howe as I have said has done a good job up to a point but thats about as good as he will get. Need a change to progress further imo.

As always, a good debate is when it is own peoples individual views with substance or reasoning behind their opinion because then there is no right or wrong answer. There are many, elsewhere I may add and most certainly on social media, that change with the wind and not worth a light.

That isn't the case here and im pointing out that I disagree with those who are wanting change because change doesn't work for the sake of it. It's happened too many times before at too many teams and 99 times out of 100, they fall flat on their face or have feelings of what could have been.

Without wanting to sound like a broken record for the 50th time, I still see the injury problems as the biggest issue we have had this season with the extra games thrown in a further fatigue factor. I also believe we have an excellent upcoming bloke who has learned his trade at the bottom and worked to the top before becoming a little stale and going away to learn off some of the best managers and coaches in the world to then get us from the bottom of the league to qualifying for the champions league in little over 18 months.

It is this ability that he helped turn us around that in turn he deserves the time to adapt to the hand he has been thrown this season in order to fix things for next time out. Whether that includes a lower European competition or not. I firmly believe that Howe will have learned massively and this will help us adapt or tweak things sufficiently enough to challenge next year. It sounds like the owners believe this and from what I can gather, it seems like the crowd that goes to games is still backing him also.

If next season sees no improvement and we continue to get injuries or overrun in games then I think the ownership will get involved but until then we have to put our trust in the bloke because he deserves it.

I did have doubts about Howe a few games ago but then the team has started to play well again. Could have done better against Chelsea but thought we did play quite well for a lot of the game. Have faith Howe can progress the team far.

As always, a good debate is when it is own peoples individual views with substance or reasoning behind their opinion because then there is no right or wrong answer. There are many, elsewhere I may add and most certainly on social media, that change with the wind and not worth a light.

That isn't the case here and im pointing out that I disagree with those who are wanting change because change doesn't work for the sake of it. It's happened too many times before at too many teams and 99 times out of 100, they fall flat on their face or have feelings of what could have been.

Without wanting to sound like a broken record for the 50th time, I still see the injury problems as the biggest issue we have had this season with the extra games thrown in a further fatigue factor.

You can't use the injuries excuse when the injuries are your own fault. He's literally admitted himself they've made mistakes. My issue is he is not learning from them. We are still getting ridiculous injuries and he is STILL playing players who are either injured or unfit. As for the extra games - they had 2 windows to rectify the squad problems and done nothing instead filling positions that didn't need filled. Plus the fact our defence is shocking and showing no signs of improving. Maybe we need more cover for our defenders? He refuses to change the formation. We are the most predictable team in the Premier league. Howe deserves next season but if we see more of this by Christmas he'll be sacked before the January window.